nnP-39

jayz 84

Posted a thousand or more times
nerdnic could you please make a template/plan for your fairing,and maybe a set for the ft spitfire as im sure everyone who builds the spitfire will want to add fairings

The fairing templates youll find on the p-39 plans when there available. And with light proper adjustment they can fit any plane really

jamboree1

sweet vid, but where is the kaboom? there was supposed to be a great earth shattering kaboom! I await the finished plans.

jayz 84

P-39 beta build
20150610_222557.jpg
20150610_222629.jpg

nerdnic

nerdnic.com
Mentor
I have some nnP-39 flight footage in my update video if anyone wants to check it out.

I will be working on the final video and review over the next week or so.

MT Alex

Awesome video, Nick, I'm delighted that you are getting these opportunities! I also got a chuckle out of the background music, it sounded like a Wes Anderson movie.

Also, the video game War Thunder has some really great P-39/63 paint schemes. I haven't played in quite some time, but perhaps I'll log in and take some screenies of them.

jayz 84

Thanks guys. I really like how this build turned out. And after seeing some of nic's flight videos i just cant wait to fly it. ( Hoping for maiden tomorrow if weather permits) Aly the plans should be available within the next week i believe

jayz 84

I love the paint job on the 39 jays how did you do the canopy?

The canopy shape will be provided in the build plans for you to make. Nic and I use laminating sheets. For the clear plastic canopys. Ill ask him about posting a link to the laminating sheets we use and add it to the materials list, you get them from walmart. All the framing i did by applying painters tape to the whole canopy. Then draw on the out lining for the framing then lightly score the lines and remove the parts to be painted.

jayz 84

I had my maiden flight of the P-39 today. With a light beef style power setup. After 6 batterys threw her. I have to say im glad i brought up this plane to nic. He did a fantastic job designing it and she flys amazing. I did a flight video. That nic is trying to use with his. So hopefully a good video to come soon. I uploaded mine to youtube also. But the quality dosent upload well from my phone compared to the video i shoot. So hopefully it comes out well with the link i sent nic

SlowPass

The canopy shape will be provided in the build plans for you to make. Nic and I use laminating sheets. For the clear plastic canopys. Ill ask him about posting a link to the laminating sheets we use and add it to the materials list, you get them from walmart. All the framing i did by applying painters tape to the whole canopy. Then draw on the out lining for the framing then lightly score the lines and remove the parts to be painted.

Is this video like the method you're using for the canopy?

airhawk

Crashing Ace
i really want to build this plane sadly it wont be with electronics but either way this plane looks amazing