nnP-39

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
I've added build notes to the plans and it should be enough guidance to build it. I don't have a build video planned currently.

I think you guys are going to love Nic's nnP-39 plans. Lot's of extra details.

viggen

i cant wait....what degrees do you use the flaps down at for slowing down?
do you use flats for take off?if hand launched?

nerdnic

nerdnic.com
Mentor
There is a throw gauge you'll be able to use. For the Tacon setup I do use flaps on launch and landing. I've only hand launched.

nerdnic

nerdnic.com
Mentor
Updated first post - added video clips and photos from the last 10 pages of this thread.

And...

Plans added!

Full review episode is still being worked, but it should be done soon.

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
Awesome. Congrats on another great design Nic. :applause:

Povvercrazy

Great plane, the plans are just a work of art, the effort you (and sponz) put into your plans
is very awe inspiring and very professional looking.

viggen

couple of questions

on the plan.formers a,b,c,.it says remove paper and foam...is this correct?

the 2 red lines on the wings,beside the blue line (wing formers) are these to remove 1 side of paper and the foam,and replaced with the wing formers?

have you got pictures of the servo's in the wing from under the plane

thanks

Last edited:

nerdnic

nerdnic.com
Mentor
Awesome. Congrats on another great design Nic. :applause:

Thanks, Dan!

Great plane, the plans are just a work of art, the effort you (and sponz) put into your plans
is very awe inspiring and very professional looking.

I spent a lot of extra time on the plans for this one to try and make them more presentable. The pieces are positioned to help reduce the amount of taping needed and the build notes should give most people all the guidance they need. Thank you for noticing them!

nerdnic

nerdnic.com
Mentor
couple of questions

on the plan.formers a,b,c,.it says remove paper and foam...is this correct?

the 2 red lines on the wings,beside the blue line (wing formers) are these to remove 1 side of paper and the foam,and replaced with the wing formers?

have you got pictures of the servo's in the wing from under the plane

thanks

For the formers you only remove foam and paper below the curved section as indicated by the score line. This will leave a 'tab' of paper on the bottom. This excess paper is used to wrap around the fuse top plate. This is a new build technique that you'll see used more often moving forward.

The two red lines running along the wing formers are the score cuts that form the bottom airfoil. The servos from under the wing can be seen here: https://instagram.com/p/3sTQ51i-FQ

jayz 84

Posted a thousand or more times
I dident take many wing build pix but these might help alittle.
20150527_222813.jpg
20150527_221421.jpg

viggen

john just to confirm the 2 servo's in place are sat on your table,not any foam?

have you got any pic's of your bevels on the ail/flaps

thanks

Last edited:

jayz 84

Posted a thousand or more times
john just to confirm the 2 servo's in place are sat on your table,not any foam?

have you got any pic's of your bevels on the ail/flaps

thanks

On the bottom wing half all foam is removed for the servos. And on the top wing half the aileron servo cut out you only need to remove about half way threw. I just removed the paper then used my hot glue gun to melt the foam then test fold the wing. Keep melting the foam on the top wing servo slot till the inner wing fits flush on the formers. So you fully understand. Ur not removing all the foam for the aileron slots on the top wing half just 50-75% of it.

Now the flap and aileron bevel question. Per plans your beveling the wing all the way around. So you flight control bevels are allready done. Theres no need for any extra bevling on them . After you have fully built the wing. Then alls you have to do is cut out your flight controls thats it

Last edited:

nerdnic

nerdnic.com
Mentor
Viggen, If you dig in and start the build, a lot of it will make sense. The wing can be a little tricky but with the new design it goes together very smoothly and there is not a lot of fighting to get it right like on the nnMiG 3.

viggen

thanks,ive just finnished the H stab,the wing have now come together nicly.just got to glue the tips.all makes sence when building it

amazing plans nic

Last edited: