No bones about it... there's a new project in the works!

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
I'm proud of you man, you stuck with it and have a great new flying machine. Video was fun too, very entertaining for something you threw together so quickly. So lets hear some feed back, are you in love or lust at this point? Will she be joining you in the morning for a turtle nest scouting adventure?

Love so far. I won't go into detail on my views of the rotor bones items until I've had time to see how they hold up.

But my initial opinions on them are highly positive. The material is sturdy, and the cuts are very clean. The design itself is awesome. Chad really thought the tail pivot system out!

The other item that's new to me is the KK board. It's the older pre-LCD screen one. But once I got the (disgustingly simple) programming stuff done properly it was a piece of cake, compared to the Wii style boards I've used.

I went out with batteries I haven't touched in months. And I didn't charge them before testing this out, so the duration was limited. Also my flying skills, limited as they were, have gotten a bit rusty. I look forward to learning to fly again.

I won't be doing another "official" turtle run until next week, unless someone doesn't make it to work between now and then. That won't stop me from making some practice runs though.

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
Another series of flights while I try to tweak this or that before taking it to more interesting locations. No crashes, which says a lot!

earthsciteach

Nice video! Congrats, Fred!

Soooo..... I'm thinking that if I build one of these contraptions in July, you could help me make it fly. Sounds like a plan to me!

Foam Addict

Squirrel member
Argh.
I wish I could go to Rhinebeck!
Oh well, no RC there.
On a brighter note, I have to cut out 66 balsa wood free flight aircraft for an RC flight academy I am going to.
And I will be bringing a V929!
Have fun at Rhinebeck you two.

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
Balsa, tissue paper...*shudder*. Have fun with that FA lol

I agree, whole heartedly.

I'll stick with things I can use hot glue on. Such as...

405771_10200708185120800_954846804_n.jpg

earthsciteach

I plan on taking my tx to Rhinebeck and pretending I'm controlling the planes. I won't even have to make motor sounds! Its a "Meet the Fokkers" weekend. I like the Albatross D VIII. I'm definitely going to be in control of that one.

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
I intend to buy one of the Flyzone series planes, and hope you get one from the opposite camp, either Axis or Allied.

Then we could recreate a WWI dogfight in the parkinglot at the Old Rhinebeck Aerodrome.

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
But, back to the topic of my Rotor Bones build.

I continue to be absolutely amazed at the flights I'm getting out of this.

I can't attribute all of it to the Rotor Bones system, some of it is the quality of the KK Board.

I wish I started with that instead of the more sophisticated Wii boards. I think I just didn't have a grasp how to properly program them, so results were less than stellar.

This time I seem to be doing better, and the Try-copter is flying without a hitch.

Liemavick

Mentor
But, back to the topic of my Rotor Bones build.

I continue to be absolutely amazed at the flights I'm getting out of this.

I can't attribute all of it to the Rotor Bones system, some of it is the quality of the KK Board.

I wish I started with that instead of the more sophisticated Wii boards. I think I just didn't have a grasp how to properly program them, so results were less than stellar.

This time I seem to be doing better, and the Try-copter is flying without a hitch...And Brian is still jealous as can be, but happy for me!

^^^

Heli-Yeah!

Gremlin on the Wing
Congratulations Monkey!

I'm glad it all worked out, and you now have a new tricopter.

I received a little something from Chad a couple of days ago myself, and it should be up, and flying real soon.

Check out the new Bat Bone V-tail so far...
20130516_211614.jpg

My only complaint is that it wasn't signed by Chad.:black_eyed:

I figured you might appreciate it, and I will probably take your advise, and do a built thread on it.

Regardless, I will be giving a review of the new Bat Bone frame in the near future.