OrangeRX DIY Module for Turnigy 9X

Snarls

Gravity Tester
Mentor
Unfortunately I've been waiting four weeks now (actually 4) for the OrangeRX dsm2/dsmx module to come back in stock at HK. I'll be ready to start my mini quad build in about a week, but I will be unable to do anything with it until I upgrade my Turnigy 9X to spektrum protocol. Looking at the OrangeRX modules page I see there's a 2.4GHz DIY module available. Problem is the product description says it connects to the PPM output of the transmitter, but I've heard that the 9X does not support PPM. In contrast, some pictures online claim one of the pins on the back that connects to modules is PPM output.

My question is, as a last resort can I get the DIY module and hook it up successfully to my 9X? Also if this was possible could I wire it in a way that I could preserve the stock 9X module and use a button/switch to flip between modules. There would then be two antennas on top of the transmitter. I've put some of the product description below.

The OrangeRX DSMX/DSM2 compatible 2.4Ghz DIY transmitter module offers a simple and convenient way to utilize your non module-based transmitter with DSMX/DSM2 compatible receivers. This is a DIY module meaning that it is not "plug and play". You will need to physically connect the wire leads from this module to +, - and PPM signal outputs from your transmitter. This is the perfect option for transmitters which are not module-based.

Features:
• 4 operating modes: DSM2 comp. 1024/22ms, DSM2 comp. 2048/11ms, DSMX comp. 22ms, DSMX comp. 11ms
• Easy to access bind button
• Range check mode

Specs:
Compatibility: Any transmitter with a PPM signal output
2.4Ghz protocol: DSMX/DSM2
Voltage input: 6~15VDC
Power: 100mW
Range: Full range system

40205-3(1).jpg