Rasterize - Skindex

Rasterize

Maker of skins and decals for foam board RC planes
Mentor
any plans in the future for master series skins????

I have had plans for awhile. The build style makes skinning it all the more challenging. It's much easier to skin a plane when you have a built one for reference. Then you build it again except this time with skins and make corrections. I also also have concerns with the amount of blue tape used to build the Master Series. The tape can peel up the print! I need to run some tests on coating each piece after skinning but before building to see if I can get past that issue. If it works I'd love to do the Spitfire first. :)

Outofround

This looks quite revealing - after having done a few of his skins I learned quite a bit the hard way. These details answer many issues I had to fumble through. Pay attention to these and it WILL make your finished product something to be proud of. Not for beginners and does take time but quite worth it when finished.

Rasterize

Mentor
Does anyone have a simple scout skin? I couldn't find any.

Neither could I, so I did this:
1590474444086.png

This is the WW1 Austrian hex camo pattern that I originally put on the Mini Scout. Just got done adapting it to the Simple Scout. The real Skins are 24X101 inches which includes skins for 3 and 4 channel versions as well as all the extra plan peces need to complete the model including the bombs. These are hot of the press (so to speak) and have never been printed before and never been built. Heck I don't even have it on the resource page or the FliteSkins website....yet. It should look cool. Here is a mini scout with the same skins on to give you an idea. Should I add the Spandau MG08 machine guns to the Simple Scout skn?

1590474739860.png

Downloadable mini scout skins are located here for those interested.

Navydiver71

Hello, I have been away for a while since Shannon and I divorced, but I am finally getting the urge to fly again. Rasterize, YOU HAVE DONE AMAZING WORKS FOR THIS HOBBY! I will be buying a cub, DR1, and SE5 skin as soon as I finish typing. Thank You for the efforts sir!

OliverW

Legendary member
Hello, I have been away for a while since Shannon and I divorced, but I am finally getting the urge to fly again. Rasterize, YOU HAVE DONE AMAZING WORKS FOR THIS HOBBY! I will be buying a cub, DR1, and SE5 skin as soon as I finish typing. Thank You for the efforts sir!
Welcome back!

Rasterize

Mentor
Got an order for a skin a few days ago (Thanks David) and unfortunately my printer is now printing a double image for black. Took down Fliteskins.com until I get this fixed. Sorry for any inconvenience. :(

Aug 30 update: Site still down. Printer still on the fritz. :cry: I did return to school this week for a UX/UI bootcamp so with that and working fulltime I don't know when I'll get a chance to put in any time on it. :confused:

Last edited:

all7s

Got an order for a skin a few days ago (Thanks David) and unfortunately my printer is now printing a double image for black. Took down Fliteskins.com until I get this fixed. Sorry for any inconvenience. :(

Aug 30 update: Site still down. Printer still on the fritz. :cry: I did return to school this week for a UX/UI bootcamp so with that and working fulltime I don't know when I'll get a chance to put in any time on it. :confused:

I saw the fliteskins .com "technical difficulties" note but I am glad I found this here. <3

Rasterize

Mentor
The simple scout skin I can post in its original format. It's big. The smallest dimension of the top pic on post #246 is 24"! You will have to tile it yourself to whatever paper size you are printing on.
I'll have to look for the ThunderArrow. It was originally done as a lark for my friend Sp0nz so it was not on the radar for release. I suppose I could throw that out there as well.
Give me some time on these guys. I'm working full time (thankfully) and going to school so there is little to be had in the terms of free time.
2020 has not been kind RC wise. My printer broke (Still no joy there) and I have yet to fly this year. It's starting to make me...grumpy. :(;):p:)