Rasterize - Skindex

mayan

Legendary member
Just checking in.
Sorry Fliteskins.com has been down. The last month has been filled with a new job that takes up about 10-15 extra hours a week. Topped of with a long illness in my family which ended yesterday with the passing of my sister. Needless to say I have not done anything in the world of RC since late Dec. I am however hopefully thinks will begin to settle in the coming weeks. Thanks for your patients and support!
Sorry for the loss buddy. Hope things settle down soon.

lleemon

Hi Lee, Actually it's mostly Illustrator but I use Photoshop here and there. I make clipping paths out of the FT planes and go from there. Sometime each part is a layer. Sometimes it's just a bigger art board and then rivets will go on one layer, base color on another, panel lines on another and so on. That's basically it. Clear as mud right? lol
Stephen

Hey Stephen,
So finally got access to Adobe Illustrator, so you know of a video that explains how to take the current pdf from FT and make it so I can make it paintable? What I mean is it appears the base pdf files if you paint on a wing it overwrites the lines, looking for instructions on how I get the lines 1 object so I can paint it and like PS when it won't paint over the lines.

Thanks.
Lee

Rasterize

Maker of skins and decals for foam board RC planes
Mentor
Hey Stephen,
So finally got access to Adobe Illustrator, so you know of a video that explains how to take the current pdf from FT and make it so I can make it paintable? What I mean is it appears the base pdf files if you paint on a wing it overwrites the lines, looking for instructions on how I get the lines 1 object so I can paint it and like PS when it won't paint over the lines.
Thanks.
Lee
Hi Lee. I have been using Illustrator fro many years so I don't know of any videos for doing FT planes in particular. (I never looked! lol)
Have you ever used a vector program before?
Most of the FT plans come out of cad applications so few of the lines are connected. You need to connect the points on the lines in a shape so they are connected together in sequence. From there you can use that shape and color it in or use it as a clipping path for other art.
So if I were you I'd google videos on Illustrator and how to: Connect anchor points, color a shape, use layers, and use clipping paths.
That should get you started.

EldarKinSlayer

I am so sorry for your loss. Losing a Parent is bad, but any adult knows it will happen I lost both of mine in my 30s I was not then an adult over 20 years later probably still not. No one expects to lose a sibling, time heals, the memory never fades. take care of yourself first family a close second. Not for selfish reasons but because if you don't take care of yourself you can't really take care of them.

Rasterize

Mentor
I'm back!!!
1583622257161.png

Fliteskins.com is back up and running!

MiniacRC

@Rasterize WELCOME BACK BROTHER! :) :) :)
Truly sorry to hear about your family's loss.
I hope and pray that this is a beginning of a new, wonderful era for Fliteskins and your hobby aspirations.

Rasterize

Mentor
So very glad you are back. I've been watching for a long time and really really want to pick up a skin from you soon. Any plans to tackle one of the master series other than the corsair soon? Fingers Crossed...

Short answer is "Yes of course!" I have been thinking on doing one ever since they came out. I'm currently leaning toward the Spitfire. With their rounded fuselages and separate leading edges on the main wing, the master series come with a new set of challenges that will have to be overcome. To really understand how the art will flow from one piece to the next it helps to build one first. Just one more step to complete but a helpful one. To that end I have laid out the Planes on three 24X50 inch sheets (25 sq ft of paper) as so:
FT Spitfire MS Plans Proof LR.jpg

Rasterize

Mentor
2,548* is a BIG number!

I was curious. If I added up all the downloads of my skins in the resource section, how many would that be? You guessed it! 2,548! Thanks to everyone for taking such great interest in my fun FT airplane art projects! Looking forward to 3k!

* Only skin downloads. Does not include 508 downloads of plans and decals. :p

Michael G

Something wrong with flite skin website.
It's not there... Type in name of website and it goes somewhere else.
Can't get to where I can buy skins.

Rasterize

Mentor
Well the website is back up. Digging into that issue only reminded me on how much I really don't like my website. I have some ugly ecommerce issues. Maks for a very unpleasant experience. Just renewed the host (SiteGround) and domain name (where some of the recent issue came from) and wish I had gone with Wix or Weebly. Now I'm considering hiring a web developer. Anyone know one? Looking into refunds from Siteground as well. What a pain.

Rasterize

Mentor
Well the website is back up. Digging into that issue only reminded me on how much I really don't like my website. I have some ugly ecommerce issues. Maks for a very unpleasant experience. Just renewed the host (SiteGround) and domain name (where some of the recent issue came from) and wish I had gone with Wix or Weebly. Now I'm considering hiring a web developer. Anyone know one? Looking into refunds from Siteground as well. What a pain.

Just had a guy I found on fiverr fix some of my site issues especially with the customer Accounts and security. Nothing new in the looks department just some under the hood tweaks. Long time in coming. I'm good with it.