RTF Flip 1.5 Tail Not Moving on My Tricopter

Mastrmindz

Hey everyone.

I just got the Flip 1.5 board from RTF quads. I got it for my tricopter rotorbones and ordered it flashed for a tricopter. I have it hooked up, the motors work; but the tail servo does not move when I give rudder. When I initially turn on the tricopter, the tail servo moves quite a bit, so it is getting a signal. I have the servo port connected to D3 with the signal, + and - connected properly. I also have the rudder port on the receiver connected to the yaw port on the Flip board. I am currently using a Spektrum Dx6i and I configured my DR&E and Travel Adjustment according to Paul Baxter's pics on dropbox. If anyone knows the problem, let me know. Thanks.

Mastrmindz

Foam Addict

Squirrel member
Hmm, I had that exact problem, and it turned out my board was bad. Tell me, is there a dimple or divot anywhere on the main chip? (Atmel 328p)

Mastrmindz

It looks like it. I tried uploading a pic of it, but could not get it to work. Anyways, does that mean the board is bad? I was thinking that Paul might have flashed it for a quad and not a tri by mistake.

Foam Addict

Squirrel member
Do you have Arduino? Then you may want to reflash it with his tricopter firmware and see if that helps.

I don't have time to explain at the moment, but perhaps someone else could help.

Foam Addict

Squirrel member
Hmm, that's nasty. I'd say that you may have to buy a new board. I wish I could help more, I ended up converting my old flip into a stabilizer for fixed wing models.