Sea Stryder

leaded50

Legendary member
SeaStryder is an Canadian invention airplane like no other. with Its revolutionary design. A "Hydroplaning Floatwing Aircraft" . Did found out this was also a concept airplane, where the main company is researching for funds to start production.... They made a couuple models though,1 or 2 motors even shown flying, sliding on water, eg on Youtube.
(typical me? even another unusual plane build..)

A guy made a aeronautic report on the plane, and from that i got a few extra info, as what degrees the incident, diherdal parts, eg.

The main difference with this seaplane, it uses a low wing , where the wing it self is the water stabilizing part, and gives the "platform" on water and flying in air. The trailing edge used as the "step" as by conventional seaplanes. (more info on the plane at : seastryder.com)

The belly looks very unusual with its wing like this:
Stryder200-Assembly.4.jpg

Since needed wait for part to the other builds, i did a fast build one on this.... today it was snowing first day too here, and thats anyway perfect for seaplanes...... I made it as 650mm wingspan, 600mm long.

Last edited:

leaded50

Legendary member
and pretty ready.. just pushrod connectors, motors,props and esc missing.. (canopy is hatch to get to all electronics.
DSC_0491.JPG
:

DSC_0489.JPG

( yes, i was in the toybox for neighbors children to see if could find some pilots, they are old enough too not use it anymore, and "stealed" a few ,:LOL:
DSC_0490.JPG

Last edited:

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
Looks great. I was wondering;
A. If you were looking for children in you neighbor's toy box
B. Looking for your neighbors children in the you box.
C. Looking for you at you neighbor's children's toy box.

Turned out C, but the others are amusing. :)

I love the look. Like the rest I too chant, "Maiden maiden maiden" like I'm at iron Maiden's encore performance... Seems as if the front edge would catch... Well, you know the rest.

Good luck.

leaded50

Legendary member
Looks great. I was wondering;
A. If you were looking for children in you neighbor's toy box
B. Looking for your neighbors children in the you box.
C. Looking for you at you neighbor's children's toy box.

Turned out C, but the others are amusing. :)

I love the look. Like the rest I too chant, "Maiden maiden maiden" like I'm at iron Maiden's encore performance... Seems as if the front edge would catch... Well, you know the rest.

Good luck.

A. no(even if parent perhaps would get rid of some sometimes? :ROFLMAO:) ... children was not looking... but agreed i could take the two figures when i checked:).
B. my box is given away with sych toys tens of years ago. ..
C. close too.. the father served nice beer :LOL::ROFLMAO:

Fully agree about the front edge cathing, but by constructors it dont.... it sits in water by 11 degrees incident, and would then make lift even more by water by the 5 degree dihedral, and the air on outer 10 degrees dihedral wingparts... says constructors..... hopefully they have it correct ..