Seagull extra 260 180 Motor/engine help?

Mytmerc83

Well on tear down it was revealed that the clunk had fallen off and the rest of the fuel line was dry rotted and cracking. Told him both of those thinks but he wanted to fly and learn the hard way(expensive way)!! Plane is mostly back together now. So should fly again.

Mytmerc83

Yes a little, unfortunately I bought the new evolution 10gx for the twist so it pushes back my extra. But it's ok cause I need the time to learn how a gas performs.

BobK

Banned
I consider that a great thing, fly the heck out of that Twist and enjoy it..you have plenty of time to get the 260 in the air. :)

Oh boy, you had to ask! As I said, the tail servos did not have enough power, and i need new ones. I haven't bought new ones, or fixed the fuse. I guess I'm a but discouraged. With the quad, I did just get it flying (and if flew GREAT), but somehow one of my motors/ESC'S fried. Snow? As emax stopped making that motor in the month they took to get here, I just ordered all new motors from RMRC. Also, you can just call me Leo if you like.

P.S. I also ordered new video goggles for flying fpv as my old ones where really bad. The new hoggles should be here tomorrow! I am sooo excited to get my headplay HD's!

One more thing, it's not an eight, but there is a great video on YouTube of a guy
Making a tiny little V12 that I think would slide right into that 260

Mytmerc83

Don't be discouraged!! You'll fix it and fly again. Think I have seen the videos of the small V12. Up size that 100 times and I work on those on a daily bases the turbos make a V8's look small. I'm Ryan btw, thanks Leo talk soon might take the rest of the day off to go fly.

sounds fun Ryan! wish i could go fly... ill try to get her back together sometime soon... maybe more ski flying... maybe drag a ski in the few inches of water soon to be flowing on the river ice... or wheels once it dries out... or floats!!! what do you do on the v12's?

Mytmerc83

I work on big generators, for gas and electrical plants. Go to site diagnosis, pull engine, ship rebuilt, install, ship old one home, tear down, rebuild. And wait for another to blow up!! Yup fun....fun. Did however almost have a real turbine engine once.., power plant was upgrading to something cheaper and more reliable, they were giving it away. Could not get the trucker to bring it home for me!!