ShrubSmacker Release

Grifflyer

WWII fanatic
I've gotten all the modifications to make the build easier drawn out, I won't be able to test them for a while. So if anyone wants to test them out, let me know and I'll PM you the plans. There is a chance that all the parts don't fit together properly.

Grifflyer

WWII fanatic
Next version/final beta version is done, I will be posting the final plans in the Resource section within a few days, and re-name the thread.
I built this one with lights for some night flying.
P1280262.JPG

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
Some how i got my CG to work out last night with the battery on the battery tray i originally set up into it on the V1 fuse, didn't have to Velcro it under the pod. I don't know what i was doing before and why it was an issue or what i did right this time but it worked out perfect. The 850 3s battery was still as far forward as it would go in the fuse but it balanced a couple degrees nose down. And flew so scale and easy, did some throttle ups with some loops and rolls, and every landing was feather lite with cut throttle. I will be building a new wing with flaps from the new plans to push my learning curve some more. I hear flaps take more throttle control, I don't want to get to used to the dead stick landings and mess up faster planes later on. Thx Grifflyer

Grifflyer

WWII fanatic
Some how i got my CG to work out last night with the battery on the battery tray i originally set up into it on the V1 fuse, didn't have to Velcro it under the pod. I don't know what i was doing before and why it was an issue or what i did right this time but it worked out perfect. The 850 3s battery was still as far forward as it would go in the fuse but it balanced a couple degrees nose down. And flew so scale and easy, did some throttle ups with some loops and rolls, and every landing was feather lite with cut throttle. I will be building a new wing with flaps from the new plans to push my learning curve some more. I hear flaps take more throttle control, I don't want to get to used to the dead stick landings and mess up faster planes later on. Thx Grifflyer
Yep flaps take a bit more throttle control, with this plane all you have to do is leave a bit of throttle on, not so much that it starts to climb. Then land it normally.

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
What inspired you to look into the low speed characteristics of the plane? You seem like a fast warbirds kinda pilot lol