Simple Cub... With a TWIST

Steve Fox

The eken h9 is not as good as a go pro but for the money it's a decent camera, ignore the footage from it on my YouTube channel, YouTube has butcherd the quality and it is way better than the quality in my last upload.
I can't believe how much detail is lost once youtube processes it, in the original footage you can see the detail of the individual plants in the crops I'm flying over but on youtub it's a fuzzy mass!
That video was recorded in 1080p but the h9 is also capable of 2.7k and 4k resolutions.

Attachments

• h9r-4-500x500.jpg
    h9r-4-500x500.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 0

PoorManRC

Master member
Cool... I'll run out and buy one 😜😖

There are less expensive micro Cams, that would work. I have one on my Evilbay Watch List that's only $27 - and claims 4K!!
Can't afford that either...

Steve Fox

Cool... I'll run out and buy one 😜😖

There are less expensive micro Cams, that would work. I have one on my Evilbay Watch List that's only $27 - and claims 4K!!
Can't afford that either...

Just make sure it's a real Eken H9 and not one of the many others that look almost identical, they don't have the same image sensor.

I have an imars 'h9' that looks exactly the same in every way apart from not having the eken branding on it, even has almost identical firmware on the camera but the recored video quality, especially at night, is nowhere near as good as the eken.

Attachments

• DSC_0288.JPG
    DSC_0288.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
  • DSC_0287.JPG
    DSC_0287.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 0
  • DSC_0286.JPG
    DSC_0286.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 0

PoorManRC

Master member
................ I can't afford extra CHEESE on my Whopper! 😣
Decent Camera - but I obviously can't afford one...

PoorManRC

Master member
This has GOT to be IT!
Accurate-Weather...
IMG_20190811_162224.jpg

TOMORROW Morning. If I have to do it in my WHEELCHAIR!! 😲
The anxiety of waiting is just becoming too great.

...... Light Wind, moderate Temps, as LOW as the Humidity is going to be during "Monsoon Season"
Charging my only Battery now...
Fingers Crossed!

PoorManRC

Master member
Mornings are usually the only time I got before the wind sets in here in the high desert. Good luck! I hope the weather stays good and everything else works out.
It is amazing.... We're not that far apart, both live in Southwestern Deserts (Mohave vs. Mojave!), yet we often get very different Weather!!!
But, the Morning Calm is still the same.

Steve Fox

You can get one that does 1080p for like $20. All I got is my cheapo, if I had a better one I'd give you that.

I have a firefly micro which can do 1080p and is a fraction of the size and weight of the Eken H9 and is what permanently lives on the top of my wing as the eken is gopro size and 40 odd grams and not a daily flyer cam.
but not all 1080 footage is created equal and the eken records considerably better footage at 1080 than the firefly micro, when I want very clear footage the eken is the camera of choice, it's capable of upto 4k but I never use it in anything higher than 1080p.

Vimana89

Legendary member
FLYING in one HOUR!!!! 😲
Get Ready!
Awesome! Best of luck. I'll be going around the same time. A bit more routine and not such an event for me since I'm just further flying and testing a plane I've flown already...but I'll be there flying " with you "at around the same time 👍

PoorManRC

Master member
Awesome! Best of luck. I'll be going around the same time. A bit more routine and not such an event for me since I'm just further flying and testing a plane I've flown already...but I'll be there flying " with you "at around the same time 👍
THANKS!! I'll be using that as inspiration.
Battery charged, leaving now!

PoorManRC

Master member
I'm READY, and all pumped up with Adrenaline...
The WEATHER is shockingly Perfect....
Cindi..... Feeling sick😷. Since that matters more to me, ANOTHER small delay.
I've got 2 hours of this weather, and it should only go up to 94 by 10am....

KEEP FINGERS CROSSED!

Vimana89

Legendary member
Hope she feels better and everything goes well. That's life those things always happen at a bad time. You got your priorities straight. You still should have enough time to test. I just flew the Floating Kidney and it was awesome. I'm about to swap over to the slender delta and go again!

PoorManRC

Master member
Hope she feels better and everything goes well. That's life those things always happen at a bad time. You got your priorities straight. You still should have enough time to test. I just flew the Floating Kidney and it was awesome. I'm about to swap over to the slender delta and go again!
I HOPE Your Flights go well!! 👍👍

Yeah, my Friend, she's my Photographer... She's also my life!

SO.... TOMORROW Morning, 6am. Temps are supposed to be a couple of degrees cooler, Wind even Calmer, and the ground gets another day to dry....

Not that Desert Soil takes an awful long time to dry, but it will be more solid.

I did ALL my checks, balanced PERFECT, and when I did a run up test on the Motor, the Prop Thrust nearly RIPPED the Plane out of my hand!!! 😲

She WILL FLY - maybe even without WINGS!!
Frankly I'm more worried about the Landing. I've been going on about my Main Gear Mod (buried PAGES back), being successful.
Flying, easy. Landing WITHOUT Nosing Over has me panicked!

I know there's still People here that are convinced that I'm not serious, because I don't have VIDEO of a Plane of mine Flying...
I shouldn't worry, but I do.

The encouragement I've gotten from you and a few others, means the World to me, thank you.

TOMORROW MORNING, O'Dark Thirty - we FLY!