SP0NZ - Plans Index

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
Do you think it will be this year? or have they decided to stop offering plans on-line? no worry either way, just wondering. Thanks Sponz Everyone have a great and safe Thanksgiving.

I hope so, but I really have no idea. I did check in with FT yesterday and have been assured that the FT Simple Stick plans will be released eventually, I just have no idea when that will be.

w1lp33

While we're on the subject, I just want to grip a little. I'm totally fine with a delay in the plans, or if FT decided to stop releasing plans, or whatever. It's their business, they can do what they'd like.

But the lack of engagement and communication is very frustrating. Like, some explanation or questions answered would have been nice. Why is there this delay? What's the timeframe for release given whatever reason there is for the delay? Is it just gonna be for the Simple Stick, or are all plans going forward going to take 4-6 months to be released?

Flite Test has always seemed to be very focused on community engagement, so the lack of information/explanation is frustrating. Like I'm not raging at FT and about ot call for a boycott, but man, a quick "here's what's going on guys" would be lovely.

(Full disclosure, I'm not particularly interested in building the Simple Stick specifically, but I AM very excited to build the Zero and the mini Corsair, and am worried if this delay in plans release is going to affect them as well.)

Anyways, that's my gripe I've been wanting to get out. Happy flying!

bmosinski

Well I can agree knowing a date would be nice. I do remember a time when I used to sneak onto the Flite Test server way back, and get the plans the day after the announcement video came out but before the build video. I can't say enough how much I enjoy Josh and everyone that makes up the "family." Just seeing the growth and development of the community as a whole has been amazing. If I was in my 20's to 30's there would be a purchased golf course in Illinois and I would be partners with these guys. Dreams are the fuel of creativity, and I am living mine through "The Dream" with these young men and their families. I have built almost every plane I have from the free plans they provide. The pure satisfaction of building something from plans and from Dollar Tree foam board is priceless. Even if the business model changed and plans came with a membership or fair cost, I would still be a Flite Test gremlin, and always will. Thanks for the past and future memories to come... The Lady at the Dollar Tree knows me as the "Foam Board Man" and asked why I haven't purchased my standard monthly 10 sheets. LOL :O) Here are pics of some of my hangar, and that isn't all of them. Best addiction a guy can have!

Regards, Bob

Attachments

• 20160521_083312.jpg
    20160521_083312.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 0
  • 20161018_072527.jpg
    20161018_072527.jpg
    5.7 MB · Views: 0
  • 20161105_144030 (Medium).jpg
    20161105_144030 (Medium).jpg
    513.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 20170114_121720 (Medium).jpg
    20170114_121720 (Medium).jpg
    259.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 20170114_121843 (Medium).jpg
    20170114_121843 (Medium).jpg
    264.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 20170114_122038 (Medium).jpg
    20170114_122038 (Medium).jpg
    253.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 20170114_122236 (Medium).jpg
    20170114_122236 (Medium).jpg
    218.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 20170114_122746 (Medium).jpg
    20170114_122746 (Medium).jpg
    290.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 20170114_123139 (Medium).jpg
    20170114_123139 (Medium).jpg
    284.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 20170114_123339 (Medium).jpg
    20170114_123339 (Medium).jpg
    251.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 20170114_123920 (Medium).jpg
    20170114_123920 (Medium).jpg
    255.2 KB · Views: 0

AIRFORGE

Make It Fly!
Nope, pretty sure Sponz said a whole ago that the plans are done and ready to go, he’s just waiting on the go ahead from FT to be able to release them.
I was replying to someone that hinted FT dropped the ball, and I've posted a few times that Dan has the plans ready, and waiting, but it's cool, brother. :cool:(y) All good!
I still say everyone should build @The Hangar's version of the Simple Stick, while waiting on the FT plans. I've built 3, so far. Or, just get the SBK in the FT Store.

Last edited:

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
I was replying to someone that hinted FT dropped the ball, and I've posted a few times that Dan has the plans ready, and waiting, but it's cool, brother. :cool:(y) All good!
I still say everyone should build @The Hangar's version of the Simple Stick, while waiting on the FT plans. I've built 3, so far. Or, just get the SBK in the FT Store.
I didn’t know you’ve built 3 - that’s awesome! In fact just finished up a tiled version of that plans, so I’ll be updating those shortly.

GremlinRC

FT_Nut
Actually, a fee for plans would be fine with me, if it meant they came out as soon as the SBK's came out, as opposed to the couple of weeks (or in the Simple Stick case, couple of months...) wait for the plans. $5-20 for a set of plans I can get immediately? I feel like I'd be cool with that.

Yup +1 to that. For those of us outside the U.S. where access to the SBKs are very limited, paying for early access to the plans would be most welcome. However, that's alright for me to say as I can afford a few bucks for plans as required. I appreciate some may not be so lucky.

Mdeman

Actually, a fee for plans would be fine with me, if it meant they came out as soon as the SBK's came out, as opposed to the couple of weeks (or in the Simple Stick case, couple of months...) wait for the plans. $5-20 for a set of plans I can get immediately? I feel like I'd be cool with that.
I agree I would be willing to pay a fee for the work I know it is not free. and sponz i hope is not doing it for free.

Mdeman

The last time I asked Santa for anything was when I was 10 years old... but worth a shot right? "Dear Santa, I would like a free set of Flite Test Simple Stick plans for Christmas" Happy Holidays to everyone!
Where you a good boy I hope or we may get a coal bucket to fly.

Corsair714

Just wondering there is a good chance someone already asked this, but I couldn't find anything. I'm really really interested in making the new might mini corsair and there are no free plans out for it yet as far as I know. Is flite test even planning to release plans? They didn't metion free plans in the videos as far as I know, but I may have missed something. Does anyone know about this? It looks like an amazing plane.

w1lp33

Just wondering there is a good chance someone already asked this, but I couldn't find anything. I'm really really interested in making the new might mini corsair and there are no free plans out for it yet as far as I know. Is flite test even planning to release plans? They didn't metion free plans in the videos as far as I know, but I may have missed something. Does anyone know about this? It looks like an amazing plane.

nobody knows. We’re all still waiting on plans from their last release like 4 months ago, and nobody knows why. So we have no idea if mini Corsair plans are coming, or when.

Mr.Grinch

Did the Corsair and zero get videos and I just missed them? Or did they just get mentioned in the other videos that I haven’t bothered to watch?

Corsair714

Did the Corsair and zero get videos and I just missed them? Or did they just get mentioned in the other videos that I haven’t bothered to watch?
They have not gotten there own videos. They've just been metioned in other videos that FliteTest has released.