Spektrum binding issues

Mrwood

I have a spektrum DX6i transmitter and an AR636 reciever, I am following all the undoing steps for the receiver and it won't. Bind. I insert the binding plug, connect the flight battery, then step away at least 6 feet (recommend by Spektrum Support), power on transmitter in bind mode, I get a series of flashes that are different than the binding flashes, then the light on the reciever goes out. I then remembered be the bind plug and try to go through different steps to test or preflight the setup with no response. Any help here would be great. Thanks

Doctors11

If you can get it to bind initially then you may have left the bind plug in the transmitter. I had that problem when I first tried to bind my receivers.

Mrwood

I have followed all the steps in the manual and on multiple videos I have seen... Just not getting any solutions. Anyone else having this issue or know of any other solutions?

razor02097

Rogue Drone Pilot
I have followed all the steps in the manual and on multiple videos I have seen... Just not getting any solutions. Anyone else having this issue or know of any other solutions?

Does your transmitter have this symbol at the bottom?

dsm2.JPG

Or this one?

dsmx.JPG

That receiver only works with DSMX transmitters is why I ask.

Mrwood

So after getting Spektrum (Horizon Hobby) on the phone and rolling through some trouble shooting they are sending me a new one. Said it shouldn't be doing that. Thanks to everyone for the help.