Spektrum fpv cam and vex question PLEASE HELP

Zunar99

So I bought a VA2500 today in hopes of building a tiny whoop, but realized that I can't use this cam to solder directly to the board. So now I am unable to return the cam, but can't get it to power unless I use the stock servo plug. I want to put it on some micro rcs, but how do I power it? It has three cables, red, white, and black. I soldered it to a female jst connector but when I plugged in a battery the cam wouldn't turn on... I'm not what I can do with this cam if it only works hooked up to a full sized servo... Kinda defeated the purpose of a micro fpv cam

LitterBug

Techno Nut
So I bought a VA2500 today in hopes of building a tiny whoop, but realized that I can't use this cam to solder directly to the board. So now I am unable to return the cam, but can't get it to power unless I use the stock servo plug. I want to put it on some micro rcs, but how do I power it? It has three cables, red, white, and black. I soldered it to a female jst connector but when I plugged in a battery the cam wouldn't turn on... I'm not what I can do with this cam if it only works hooked up to a full sized servo... Kinda defeated the purpose of a micro fpv cam

This camera needs 5 volts minimum to run so you will not be able to power it off a 1S battery. Manufacturer's page:

http://www.spektrumrc.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=SPMVA2500

Cheers!
LitterBug