suggestions for a new project

FlyerInStyle

Elite member
I imagined it would be difficult at that scale because some of the parts proprtional to the thickness of the foam (3/16 in) would be scaled down. However, you still managed to put it together at 45% which is pretty impressive. I am glad it works! I imagine the full scale version should be easy to put together but I am not sure if I can make it right now since I am in an area where I can’t buy foam.
The only tip I have is to connect the two wing pieces for each side in the plan, easier to cut put two pieces rather than 4 and glue them together and scale the wings up 115 or so percent width wise. Also what is up with the wierd kfm step on the wing, why not a normal one?

akimbo

The only tip I have is to connect the two wing pieces for each side in the plan, easier to cut put two pieces rather than 4 and glue them together and scale the wings up 115 or so percent width wise. Also what is up with the wierd kfm step on the wing, why not a normal one?
I have tried to make the wing a connected piece but the parts overlap and create a shape that would be impossible to cut out. As for the wing, it is that shape so that there is rigidity when trying to fold the wing however, I could change it if you send a simple reference drawing.

FlyerInStyle

Elite member
I have tried to make the wing a connected piece but the parts overlap and create a shape that would be impossible to cut out. As for the wing, it is that shape so that there is rigidity when trying to fold the wing however, I could change it if you send a simple reference drawing.
I think it will just eb easier to make it myself, and I'll show you if you have a different file that would really help. Dwg also works

akimbo

I can't afford EDF's but i'd love to see a mighty mini prop powered sea harrier. FT does not do one. I think it would be super cool.
let me know if you need help with the build, enjoy!
mighty mini sea harrier:
1689199829823.png

Attachments

• seaharriermmplans(FULL).pdf
    608.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

FlyerInStyle

Elite member
@akimbo here are my modifications for your j35 to make it a better chuck glider, yet to build it but should be a better build and better flying. are you fine with me submitting this as a resource if it flies fine?

Attachments

• J 35 chuck glider Tiled.pdf
    10.9 KB · Views: 0
  • J35 chuck glider.pdf
    4.3 KB · Views: 0
Are there any single engine jets you guys would like to see designed? I am looking for a new challenge and would love to build something that you guys would find interest in. There are many planes that have already been built into rc ones but, I feel that there are at least a few that are yet to be attempted to built out of foam board or at all. Here are some planes I had in mind:
J_35F_1972_%28cropped%2C_removal_of_damage_and_dirt_using_clone_tool%29.jpg
View attachment 237896 View attachment 237895
220px-Douglas_F4D-1_Skyray_in_flight_c1957.jpeg
aircraft-hero-g2-vision-jet.png
me-p-1106.jpg
Screenshot-2020-04-14-at-19.32.12.jpeg
If you have not decided on a project, How about the new Trainer. T-7 Red Hawk.
t7 red hawk.jpg