Swappable Series suggestion: Stuka dive bomber.

LouisRusher

I would love to see Flitetest feature produce plane based on the Junkers Ju 87 Stuka dive bomber in the swapable build series.

The plane is an iconic plane and one of the most easily recognisable of WW2, with its fixed landing gear and inverted goal wings. It really looks like a bird of prey in the sky.

However, the most recognisable feature of the Snuka was its "death siren" which sounded when it made a bombing dive. The siren was a psychological weapon which struck fear into the hearts of the Allies.

If flite test could replicate this on a smaller scale there could be so much potential for fun (and education). Bearing the popularity of the FT Spitfire, and other warbirds in the series, i believe this plane will be a hit.

If equipped with a bomb-dropping mechanism it could maybe feature in challange videos similar to the dive bombing one (perhaps the FT Spitfire or Mini mustang could attempt to intercept it before it dropped its "bomb").

Anyway, what does everyone think? Is this a good idea? can anyone suggest any other features? 2b4b5b813338b1003d5ffab82432e07f.gif

LouisRusher

Oh cool looks like a great list. i look forward to seeing it. Have you thought of creating any medium or heavy bombers like the b-26 or avro lancaster?

ultramicrobe

I would love to see Flitetest feature produce plane based on the Junkers Ju 87 Stuka dive bomber in the swapable build series.

The plane is an iconic plane and one of the most easily recognisable of WW2, with its fixed landing gear and inverted goal wings. It really looks like a bird of prey in the sky.

However, the most recognisable feature of the Snuka was its "death siren" which sounded when it made a bombing dive. The siren was a psychological weapon which struck fear into the hearts of the Allies.

If flite test could replicate this on a smaller scale there could be so much potential for fun (and education). Bearing the popularity of the FT Spitfire, and other warbirds in the series, i believe this plane will be a hit.

If equipped with a bomb-dropping mechanism it could maybe feature in challange videos similar to the dive bombing one (perhaps the FT Spitfire or Mini mustang could attempt to intercept it before it dropped its "bomb").

Anyway, what does everyone think? Is this a good idea? can anyone suggest any other features? View attachment 60665

I tried to make the siren out of a kids whistle with a rotating fun inside, but it did not get enough airflow. I think it does not scale and I gave it up. But it would be a cool problem to sort out.

Niez13

Elite member
I tried to make the siren out of a kids whistle with a rotating fun inside, but it did not get enough airflow. I think it does not scale and I gave it up. But it would be a cool problem to sort out.
I was gonna try this on my Ju-87 Stuka but what if you put the kazoo/whistle in either the top, side, or bottom intakes to try and make a pocket compressing the air into the whistle?
221288_3c737278f0592a5c796fff9984dcf284.jpg

Evil Morty

What about those "wizz whistles" we had as kids? They have a rotating thing inside that makes the sound and it worked decent just holding it out the window of the car. Disguise it as a bomb underneath, maybe with a flap over the intake that opens when in a dive.