13th Squadron Ju 87 B-2 Stuka

Test Fly RC

Elite member
Curtiss SB2C Helldiver / A-25 Shrike
unnamed.jpg

Niez13

Elite member
That's understandable :) must say your builds are of great quality and have super details. Keep it up!

Just curious on F35 project.. remember seeing some posts about it from months ago, has that been shelved? :unsure:
Thanks! Really appreciate it!

So I underestimated the power on the f-35 and need to get a new motor setup. That why it's taking longer for that one. The other thing is I want it done scale, and have all of these features like a cockpit, interior display, an afterburner, etc. I am just not totally sure when I have time and patience for it:LOL:. I plan to put a 90mm with a 8s battery in it though for tons of power. I plan to fly it just like the F-35 Demo Team or at least as close as I can.

AussieBison

Thanks! Really appreciate it!

So I underestimated the power on the f-35 and need to get a new motor setup. That why it's taking longer for that one. The other thing is I want it done scale, and have all of these features like a cockpit, interior display, an afterburner, etc. I am just not totally sure when I have time and patience for it:LOL:. I plan to put a 90mm with a 8s battery in it though for tons of power. I plan to fly it just like the F-35 Demo Team or at least as close as I can.

90mm with 8S? haha, you're really very serious and not willing to compromise anything - me like it!
Maybe consider an option to have a prop configuration? If it's feasible. :)

Niez13

Elite member
90mm with 8S? haha, you're really very serious and not willing to compromise anything - me like it!
Maybe consider an option to have a prop configuration? If it's feasible. :)
I think for the F-35 it's going to be a one time only build unfortunately. However, once I finish the skins, maybe I can scale it down to a 50mm or around that size. That way you can build one and such.

AussieBison

I think for the F-35 it's going to be a one time only build unfortunately. However, once I finish the skins, maybe I can scale it down to a 50mm or around that size. That way you can build one and such.

That would be awesome, if you could do a 50mm version. The 90mm version looked huge, it would be awesome to build one - if you have right electronics..
Thanks for considering a scaled down version though :) definitely looking forward to it..

CrshNBrn

Elite member
Stuka, Version 2. The first one (V.1) stalled in from about 30 feet up after a loss of power. It was headed towards the road outside our club and I tried to turn it around and land. Bad call. Rather than rebuild, I started again from scratch in an attempt to cut some weight to be able to use a C-Pack motor again. I'm half tempted to keep it unpainted, both for lightness and to show off all of the foam details. This Stuka is one of the heavier single engine foamboard builds out there, so build it light wherever you can.

Attachments

• 20210705_071050.jpg
    20210705_071050.jpg
    482.7 KB · Views: 0

smiling albert

Apologies if you already know this and I am definitely no authority but I have bought a wattmeter so I can measure the power produced by different motor / prop /battery combinations
I’ve heard a good rule of thumb is the power should be about 3 times the weight to be ok.
Am I about right?

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
Apologies if you already know this and I am definitely no authority but I have bought a wattmeter so I can measure the power produced by different motor / prop /battery combinations
I’ve heard a good rule of thumb is the power should be about 3 times the weight to be ok.
Am I about right?
are you referring to thrust-weight?

OliverW

Legendary member
Am I about right?
Well you'll have insane amounts of power then. If you're flying a scale plane, around 0.7:1-1:1 thrust to weight is typically average

CrshNBrn

Elite member
I painted it, but am leaving the spinner off (for now) to avoid frying any more motors. Currently running a 3000 4S battery with the C Pack motor plus two oz of lead in the nose for CG. It is such a sweet flying airplane with an incredible presence in the sky. Its awesome!

Now I see in addition to the new Helldiver there's a Betty out there for us to build? The 13th Squadron is keeping me busy.

Attachments

• 20210707_174914.jpg
    20210707_174914.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 0

Niez13

Elite member
I painted it, but am leaving the spinner off (for now) to avoid frying any more motors. Currently running a 3000 4S battery with the C Pack motor plus two oz of lead in the nose for CG. It is such a sweet flying airplane with an incredible presence in the sky. Its awesome!

Now I see in addition to the new Helldiver there's a Betty out there for us to build? The 13th Squadron is keeping me busy.

Man that's awesome!!! Looks amazing in the sky with amazing paint! Really glad you like and its working out for you!

I am bringing some new planes to Flitefest so your going to be even busier after the event.:LOL: