Taranis not recognized by PC/model uploading problem

renyizhang

The second problem stems from the first one... I made sure that I had the latest firmware and companion
So, I was trying to upload a DLG model I got from the internet to my Taranis. However, when I use companion to open the ".eepe" file it says that "eeprom version is too old" and when I try to "read and load model and setting from radio" nothing showed up, even though I have 4 models in the radio, and it's only when I backed up those 4 models, they show up as ".bin" in my SD card. I tried to drag the ".eepe" file to the window that poped up when I click "read and load model" and "write to radio", but it doesn't show up on my radio.
So naturally, I thought it was the driver's problem, so I used Zadig to format the driver for taranis to "WinUSB" and now my PC is not detecting it anymore. I still hear the sound when I plug my taranis in, but I don't see it in mycomputer. I tried to uninstall the driver from device manager and replug the taranis in, hoping that it would reinstall the driver, but it didn't...
Anyone know what to do? Thank you very much!

CrashRecovery

I'm a care bear...Really?
Mentor
Best thing I have found is start from scratch. Delete opentx and reload it. Also reload the drivers. If you get a message its already there fine, if you can rewrite it do that. I have found that helps most of the time. As for your file, it could be the model info is from an older version and it can no longer operate properly with the version you are running. Josh Finn (F1A-F1D I believe) is away at an indoor free flight event but he would probably be able to help you set your taranis up.

RCdiy

RCdiy
Do you use bootloader mode? I.e Power off Tx.
Pull horizontal tabs towards center. Power on Tx.
Plug in USB. Do two drives appear? The Taranis drive and the SDcard?

RCdiy

RCdiy
Eepe
older OpenTX tx versions are still available. So try opening the file in 1.9. Check it. Save.
Open it in 2.1 check it save.
Open it in 2.2.
Or
open it in 1.9 and copy over settings by visual inspection.