The Best It Will Ever Look

danskis

Master member
Thanks The canopy is basically just a copy of the poster board FT canopies. I based this one on 13th squadron F6F canopy. A couple of key points. I used a pretty thin plastic from a box of salad. It’s a big box so I could screw up a few of them. I also glued the triangle folds first to shape it and then glued it on the plane. I used medium CA for all gluing.

C9F1A291-4B71-40E5-B1B2-954BCD964337.jpeg CFB5BCBB-C5FB-46AE-A0FF-54824D5FC316.jpeg

danskis

Master member
As a guy at the field said "you can put lipstick on a pig!!" Yeah I'm really happy with the way it came out. I think the next one will have a rounded front.

Mr NCT

Site Moderator
Finished an E-flight Staggerwing yesterday and I'm not working today so.... Light wind and my neighbor farmer (the inconsiderate oaf!) finally cleared part of my runway so no time like the present. Here's the pre-flight beauty shot. Happy to say that except for the right main gear coming off that's how it looked after two flights.

IMG_4107.JPG

Here's the boring video of the first two flights. If you're watching on a computer monitor you might see the little dot doing loops and rolls.

CrshNBrn

Elite member
Finished the Caudron from 13th Squadron last night. Now the DH88 has some company before one (or both) die a horrible death. Its the best it will ever look.

Attachments

• 20221021_214411.jpg
    20221021_214411.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • 20221021_214400.jpg
    20221021_214400.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0

Mr NCT

Site Moderator
Finished the Caudron from 13th Squadron last night. Now the DH88 has some company before one (or both) die a horrible death. Its the best it will ever look.
Gorgeous!! I don't know if I could bring myself to launch something that looks that good. Will you be able to post video of the maidens?

CrshNBrn

Elite member
Gorgeous!! I don't know if I could bring myself to launch something that looks that good. Will you be able to post video of the maidens?

The DH88 has already been in service for a while, but the Caudron is new. I'll try to get footage of both of them to share.

MicroMan75

The Looney Tunes DR1 is done with minimal decoration. I went with brown and white FB, @Inq 's cowl & cheeks and I "discovered" inkjet water slide decals. AUW is 338g compared to FT's target of 340g. Maiden video was mostly off camera, Will do better next time.

View attachment 236911 View attachment 236912
It looks awesome! Sometimes going with minimal design is the right decision. In this case, I think it was. In addition to printable water decals, you can also get "sticker paper" and print your own self-adhering decals. I was surprised at the quality my cheap little printer was able to pump out!

Mr NCT

Site Moderator
It looks awesome! Sometimes going with minimal design is the right decision. In this case, I think it was. In addition to printable water decals, you can also get "sticker paper" and print your own self-adhering decals. I was surprised at the quality my cheap little printer was able to pump out!
Thanks! What brand sticker paper do you use? Like anything else some is good and some is a waste of time. This is the decal paper that worked for me