The Best It Will Ever Look

That's a beaut, what's the wingspan?
Lemme get my tape.
32"
Listen, there have always been cars & trucks involved since the day I was born. That being said, I sold the last truck when I moved to the City over 10 years ago. It would just be a liability here. Makes sense. This only became a problem when I started flying. So I need to size my planes to strap to my backpack, to bike a couple blocks to the park. I think I'm pushing my next build to 34" WS. :)

CrshNBrn

Elite member
Put some markings on the new Spit yesterday and realized...this is the best it is ever gonna look. The future holds grass stains, bent and crinkled foam, hot glue blobs everywhere, missing decals... Its all downhill from here!

Attachments

• 20220222_174038.jpg
    20220222_174038.jpg
    821.3 KB · Views: 0

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
Put some markings on the new Spit yesterday and realized...this is the best it is ever gonna look. The future holds grass stains, bent and crinkled foam, hot glue blobs everywhere, missing decals... Its all downhill from here!
That looks magnificent... You're making me want to build one.. but I can't cause I'm not going to be buying a 4s battery Any time soon

CrshNBrn

Elite member
That looks magnificent... You're making me want to build one.. but I can't cause I'm not going to be buying a 4s battery Any time soon

Those MS planes do crave nose weight, and a big ol' 4S 3000 battery usually fits the bill for most of them. I agree, though. They can be $pendy!

Mr NCT

Site Moderator
I tried out some new building techniques on a plane I was familiar with. Thanks to @Monte.C for being an advocate of how to build light without hot glue. And to @Ratcheeroo for inspiration on applying vinyl - leave the paper on and put the vinyl on the paper. AUW with an 850 3s battery 390g so what I saved in glue I added in vinyl. It has a semi historic paint scheme. Don't know why you'd go with camo and then a yellow tail and red cowl & struts but that's what Lothar von Richhofen, Manfred's brother, did. It gets insignia after the first flight.

IMG_3706 (2).JPG IMG_3707 (2).JPG

Piotrsko

Master member
Wasn't that a custom build just for Lothar made from available parts with a penchant for letting the Sods know just exactly who shot them down?

cyclone3350

Master member
I tried out some new building techniques on a plane I was familiar with. Thanks to @Monte.C for being an advocate of how to build light without hot glue. And to @Ratcheeroo for inspiration on applying vinyl - leave the paper on and put the vinyl on the paper. AUW with an 850 3s battery 390g so what I saved in glue I added in vinyl. It has a semi historic paint scheme. Don't know why you'd go with camo and then a yellow tail and red cowl & struts but that's what Lothar von Richhofen, Manfred's brother, did. It gets insignia after the first flight.

View attachment 224230 View attachment 224231
What did U use for vinyl? My current build is the perfect candidate for a vinyl job. I don't want to paint, & I don't want to sheet it to take an Iron on covering. Never used it, & for some reason, I'm a very nervous about using it for the first time.

Mr NCT

Site Moderator
What did U use for vinyl? My current build is the perfect candidate for a vinyl job. I don't want to paint, & I don't want to sheet it to take an Iron on covering. Never used it, & for some reason, I'm a very nervous about using it for the first time.
Hobby Lobby had some on sale. The camo, brown & yellow were 12"x12" sheets for $1.25 ea. and the red and light blue (under the wings) were 12"x60" rolls for $4 ea. Since this is a fairly simple build I cut fb slightly larger than the part, put the vinyl on and then cut the part. Very happy with the ease of use.
I was nervous too so I put it on a build that I was VERY familiar with and comfortable with how it should fly.

Ratcheeroo

Legendary member

View attachment 224230 View attachment 224231
Looks awesome!! (y)(y)

Corsair RC

It's such a nice day here in Indiana that I also maidened my DR1. I think it's even easier to fly than the Tiny Trainer. Everything as per FT recommendations and flew like a champ first time! Built it with black dollar store foam board and skinned the top of the upper wing and horizontal stab & elevator. The black foam board doesn't start to curl or warp when you strip the paper off one side so I didn't have to skin both sides like you do with the white board. I also made a lie of the topic of this thread. No damage after the first flight! I've attached pre and post flight pics.
View attachment 193664 View attachment 193665
I'm building a Dr-1 with mid air removable wings,:LOL: for a joke on someone :LOL:. I'll post a thread about it soon. I don't know if it will fly with only one wing:p.

dangermouse650

Baby Blender, my build skill and painting are improving, my flying skills could use some help as well. Survived the first flight, 2nd flight the motor detached from the firewall, surprisingly she was all still intact when i recovered it. I found it to be very touchy and a little unpredictable in flight.

Attachments

• 20220804_184640.jpg
    20220804_184640.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:

dangermouse650

I enjoy the building more than the flying, i do love flying, just making something with your own hands is very satisfying, very touchy maiden, it survived but broke the prop on landing

Attachments

• 20220806_141747.jpg
    20220806_141747.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0