The Eagle has landed, or is it flying?

dna108

Hi Sponz
I hope that you and your family are safe and well in Wisconsin amidst the Corona virus. As a paraplegic in lockdown, in Durban, South Africa, I felt inspired to build the Eagle.
Could you please let me know if there are any revisions to the FTF Eagle 56 v0.2 beta plans that you posted.
Thank you

Last edited:

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
Hi Sponz
I hope that you and your family are safe and well in Wisconsin amidst the Corona virus. As a paraplegic in lockdown, in Durban, South Africa, I felt inspired to build the Eagle.
Could you please let me know if there are any revisions to the FTF Eagle 56 v0.2 beta plans that you posted.
Thank you
There are not right now. However, a few people have successfully built one from those plans. If you have built other FT planes before, you should have no problems figuring out the eagle. You can always post any questions here and I am sure there would be many folks willing to help you out. Good luck and happy building.

Please share some pics if you do build one, I would love to see it.

dna108

There are not right now. However, a few people have successfully built one from those plans. If you have built other FT planes before, you should have no problems figuring out the eagle. You can always post any questions here and I am sure there would be many folks willing to help you out. Good luck and happy building.

Please share some pics if you do build one, I would love to see it.
Will do.

dna108

Hi Sponz. I scaled down your plans to 75% and built a 42 inch Eagle. The only challenge I encountered was the warp in my Flite Test Foam board which is due to the high humidity in Durban. I followed the build in a Youtube video "Eagle Bird RC DIY Build (V-Tail)" and found it quite easy to follow. The fuselage was a lot easier to build from your plans and was stronger than the traditional build. I used water based acrylic paints and rather enjoyed this experience. Arthur Van Niekerk, a seasoned RC plane enthusiast helped me with CoG and trims. It flies quite well and looks like a real bird. At a later stage I will build the 56 inch version and set it up to fly it with FPV gear. Thank you for rendering the plans to work with the Flite Test foam board and making this project possible.

Here's the video that I posted on Youtube

Attachments

• IMG_5424.jpeg
    IMG_5424.jpeg
    1,007.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5418.jpeg
    IMG_5418.jpeg
    1,008.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5437.jpeg
    IMG_5437.jpeg
    4.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5433.jpeg
    IMG_5433.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5429.jpeg
    IMG_5429.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 0
  • 8855b20c-6034-4042-b33a-74ab219b5538.jpeg
    8855b20c-6034-4042-b33a-74ab219b5538.jpeg
    32.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 9e67a4fc-49fd-4b28-b134-db99df091381.jpeg
    9e67a4fc-49fd-4b28-b134-db99df091381.jpeg
    13.8 KB · Views: 0
  • ee33529e-ee1b-4df2-b951-8b11f35667a0.jpeg
    ee33529e-ee1b-4df2-b951-8b11f35667a0.jpeg
    41.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
Hi Sponz. I scaled down your plans to 75% and built a 42 inch Eagle. The only challenge I encountered was the warp in my Flite Test Foam board which is due to the high humidity in Durban. I followed the build in a Youtube video "Eagle Bird RC DIY Build (V-Tail)" and found it quite easy to follow. The fuselage was a lot easier to build from your plans and was stronger than the traditional build. I used water based acrylic paints and rather enjoyed this experience. Arthur Van Niekerk, a seasoned RC plane enthusiast helped me with CoG and trims. It flies quite well and looks like a real bird. At a later stage I will build the 56 inch version and set it up to fly it with FPV gear. Thank you for rendering the plans to work with the Flite Test foam board and making this project possible.

@dna108 Amazing job on this build. Thanks for sharing the video and pictures. It looks great. Hope you enjoy it for many more flights!

jamboree1

That's a sweet looking bird, you will have hours of enjoyment with it. Mine is still going.

jamboree1

I thought i'd give this post a bump after i seen the new mini Eagle out. This is for those who want a full size bird