The Most Offtopic Thread Ever in the History of Offtopic Threads

Should there be a challenge in this thread every once in a while?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
U know you could probubly take the ft commuter then change it to low wing instead to make it look like the commanche
but I want it scale..... I already have a really cool idea for it... shouldn't be too hard either to build.....will be kinda like master series corsair.....with standard ft wings

Whit Armstrong

Elite member
hi @GrizWiz @mackaiver @whackflyer @PlanesAndThings @Quinnyperks
can someone give me the dimensions for the standard ft power pod....
Once I have those the formers will be done... for the Comanche

You can import the pdf plans of any plane into Inkscape, or convert them to png and import them into Fusion 360. In fusion 360, you can calibrate it to the scale. In Inkscape, they'll be the correct size. You can then design your plane around it.

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
You can import the pdf plans of any plane into Inkscape, or convert them to png and import them into Fusion 360. In fusion 360, you can calibrate it to the scale. In Inkscape, they'll be the correct size. You can then design your plane around it.
yea my Inkscape is not working.... maybe once I have all the design done... I will try use fusion 360... or someone with more experience could do that

Whit Armstrong

Elite member
yea my Inkscape is not working.... maybe once I have all the design done... I will try use fusion 360... or someone with more experience could do that
In Fusion 360, it's really easy to go back and make changes to the model, so you could go ahead and design the model, even if you don't know the dimensions of the power pod, and put it in later.