THE NEW TUTOR!!! ?????????????

Bigeard

I can't afford the price of FT kits. Unfortunately postage is extortionate to the UK, so going to buy a Volantex Epoch for him instead.
I would also be wary of buying anything from the US as it has to come through UK customs and you can be charged extra UK customs fees as I learned to my detriment !!!

Bigeard

Looking at some of your other posts I think you prefer the Bushwhacker ? do you think reinforcing this particular model using 1mm x 10mm carbon fibre strips to wings etc and maybe strengthen the nose inners or even outer section with thin wood veneer would make a difference to any damage caued by a bad landing ?

Burnhard

Looking at some of your other posts I think you prefer the Bushwhacker ? do you think reinforcing this particular model using 1mm x 10mm carbon fibre strips to wings etc and maybe strengthen the nose inners or even outer section with thin wood veneer would make a difference to any damage caued by a bad landing ?
I would rather put a 5 to 8mm carbon tube in the wing. The strips are way to flexible in particular if you are just going for 1mm in strength. My Bushwacker has experienced quite a bit or carnage now. Only real damage to the fuse was to the nose and landing gear. On the landing gear you need to check after rough landings and glue back together. There is no point to make this stronger as then something else breaks. Similar on the nose. The damage I had there was from a lipo exiting the lower part of the nose on a very short landing.

I do us the carbon strips for short applications like in the wing of the T28 where I used it to strengthen the center joint or the wingtips of the P51 MS) or in very light builds where its clear that there wont be a lot of load to the wings.

TheFlyingBrit

Legendary member
My Bushwacker was on the downward turn of a loop, when I suddenly lost control and it plunged into a section of long grass at the side of the runway.
I am not going to mention the make of the nasty, evil receiver that caused the crash :censored:.
The plane hit the ground from a 20ft dive and the vast majority of it survived in tact, only the nose section suffered and some slight (repairable) damage to the wing on one side.
Everything from the wing leading edge was perfectly in tact, the nose and powerpod to the brunt of the impact. Nobody was as shocked as me when I inspected it immediately after the crash, my first thought was "its repairable" and I smiled.
If your planning on pulling high G maneuvers, vertical climb's and dives then by all means add some extra strength to the wing bracing. However, if your just planning to do the odd loops, barrel rolls, inverted etc you will probably be fine with it as it is. I managed all of those maneuver's multiples of times and the wing never suffered any damage as a result.

Last edited: