The Second Part of my Journey - The Diary

Wildthing

Legendary member
Hey there some great stuff happened today! First I got up and finished repairing my TT and Edge 540 and went flying them both. No real damage was done to any. I do need to change the power pod of the Edge 540 though because the firewall broke loose. I don't consider that real damage, because I have done endless such repairs on the Mini Edge :).

Here are some highlight videos.

Later during the day after a few chores that had to be done, like doing homework with my son I went to the hobby store. Yeah the one I don't like I went to get myself 2 8x6 props to try them on the Mini Edge V3. It's rare that the store has customers but today it did and it had a special customer too :). Another Flite Tester!!! He was asking the lady about the electronics he would need to to get the plane in the air, the exact same question I asked and the exact same answers I got from them. Having found out all this I pitched in to help and after puliing out my special list (https://forum.flitetest.com/index.p...l-the-ft-models-with-electronics-required.64/) and verifying what plane he wanted to build, I told the lady what parts to get him. I gave him my number and told him he can call when ever and maybe we can go flying together.

An hour or two later i get a message from him. First thanking me and then asking some more questions, and you know me I love to provide answers if I can. We chatted over whatsapp for an hour or so. I told him he could come over one day and I'd help him hook up the electronics, and also that we should go flying after that. So if all goes well on Saturday afternoon I'll help him with the electronics and Sunday morning we will go flying together.

I told him to get on the forums so hope to see him here soon.

Awesome flying and better yet no repairs :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

mayan

Legendary member
@mayan - super awesome slow flying and super duper awesome videos with the light behind your planes - were you flying into a light breeze?
Thanks! Actually it was quite windy. The wind would startup strong and the die out all of the sudden, repeatedly.

Awesome flying and better yet no repairs :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:
That’s the cherry on the top :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO:. There is a point in the hobby when you really understand that these little suckers can take a handful of repairs and so you do, but still that feeling of going home with the planes that arrived at the field in one piece and that all you have to do at home is charge batteries is the best feeling ever :).

mayan

Legendary member
@mayan - super awesome slow flying and super duper awesome videos with the light behind your planes - were you flying into a light breeze?
BTW the light behind me is every time the plane goes behind me and I turn into the sun to look at it making sure I bring it back in one piece.

basslord1124

Master member
Finally catching up a little bit here. Awesome flights both out of the TT and the Edge. Especially enjoyed the wind flying with the TT as well.

What voltage do you set your battery tester too to alarm you? I was flying one day with mine and I had to gun it for a second to get myself out of trouble and that immediately caused it to start beeping even though I knew I could still get another 2-3 minutes out of that pack. I think I set my warning voltage too high.

basslord1124

Master member
Oh yeah, did you ever get a new radio? I remember you were having some range/radio issues with the TT at one point. If so, what did you get?

mayan

Legendary member
Finally catching up a little bit here. Awesome flights both out of the TT and the Edge. Especially enjoyed the wind flying with the TT as well.

What voltage do you set your battery tester too to alarm you? I was flying one day with mine and I had to gun it for a second to get myself out of trouble and that immediately caused it to start beeping even though I knew I could still get another 2-3 minutes out of that pack. I think I set my warning voltage too high.
I set mine on 3.5 which is land now or do one last round and then land. I too have that when the battery is not full and you go high on throttle don’t know why either, think it’s related to the draw at that current moment.

Yep I got a new Tx it should have arrived by now will have to check on it on Sunday.

basslord1124

Master member
I set mine on 3.5 which is land now or do one last round and then land. I too have that when the battery is not full and you go high on throttle don’t know why either, think it’s related to the draw at that current moment.

Yep I got a new Tx it should have arrived by now will have to check on it on Sunday.

I may try that voltage.

Awesome...which Tx did you go with?

mayan

Legendary member
A few quick updates.

First I fixed two batteries by soldering in new balance connectors after burning them down using servo testers :).

Second after a very long build process I finally have myself a Simple Storch. I am not very happy with my build but still dying to maiden it once my new Tx comes in :).

860641F8-BA53-4109-81A2-9ED6E18946DB.jpeg

basslord1124

Master member
Love the Storch! Your build looks good. Landing gear is kind of a weak area to me (and others), so you may need to redo it a different way OR reinforce it.

mayan

Legendary member
Thanks everyone!
I want to share something with you, something that excited me very much. I recently told you that I got myself a new Tx on the way, but never told you much about it. Well today it arrived and I already found myself playing with it some :).

IMG-1824.JPG

c6d151cb-cd08-4ce1-86a0-61622d244903.JPG

Well let me tell you something about this Tx. It's super special to me because it was gifted to me by two members here on the forum. Two members that I can call friends without have even meeting them. So thank my dear friends @kilroy07 and @buzzbomb, thank you from the bottom of my heart. I can't wait to try it out but now can't decide which model to use it with first :).

Here is a list of models that have already been programmed in.
1) TT
2) SpiTTT
3) Tedge
4) Edge 540
5) Mini Edge
6) DR-1
7) Simple Soarer
8) Simple Stroch
9) Alpha
10) Bravo
11) Charlie
12) Simple Scout
13) Mini Scout
14) Mini Arrow
15) Versa Wing
16) Spitfire
17) Corsair
18) Sparrow

Need to add the X-29 and will have one last slot left, what will it be for ?!

Last edited:

mayan

Legendary member
Hey there everyone, I need your advice.
I am really debating on what, plane to try out my new Tx first. Here are the options at hand: TT, Edge 540, DR-1, Simple Soarer, Simple Storch, Charlie, Sparrow. What's your thoughts? Also what is the recommended setting for low and high rates in terms of dual rates and expos? If I got with the Simple Storch what settings do you recommend for the deflections on the flaps?