The Talespin Tavern -all things off topic

Battery800

Elite member
Do you want to be scale or do you want me to dry you up some plans?
Not scale at all. I'm making a performance quadplane. I will need either an stl or a detailed 3 view to make a model with. I'm gonna print a shell and then go over with carbon fiber/glass and fill with spray foam.

Piotrsko

Master member
I  could suggest the OV10 bronco with whichever tail configuration you like running a "C" power system in the main pod.

Doesn't do low inverted passes really well, the tail drags on the ground.

cyclone3350

Master member
I  could suggest the OV10 bronco with whichever tail configuration you like running a "C" power system in the main pod.

Doesn't do low inverted passes really well, the tail drags on the ground.
I like that suggestion. IDKW, but the only twin boom single engines that came to mind was either the flying Pinto or Mad Max beyond Thunderdome (AKA PL-12 AirTruk). Neither one would be considered a speed demon.

Attachments

• flying_pinto.jpg
    flying_pinto.jpg
    178 KB · Views: 0
  • pl_12_airtruk.jpg
    pl_12_airtruk.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

luvmy40

Elite member
Does anyone know what, specifically this tripod would be used for?

It's lighter than it looks like it would be. The center post is a friction fit with a thumb screw clamp. No rack/gear adjustment. The legs extend independently.

It's a legacy that came with the "new" house.

Thanks!

Tripod.jpg

cyclone3350

Master member

It's lighter than it looks like it would be. The center post is a friction fit with a thumb screw clamp. No rack/gear adjustment. The legs extend independently.

Thanks!

View attachment 237583
If I had to guess, I would say an artist easel. I have something similar, except for the one I have is ancient & made of cast iron. I use it for a drafting table. There should be a part that screws on the top to attach a drawing table to.

Attachments

• IMG_6234.JPG
    IMG_6234.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6235.JPG
    IMG_6235.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6236.JPG
    IMG_6236.JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4637.jpg
    IMG_4637.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0

Bo123

Elite member

Thanks!

View attachment 237583
use it as a sun shade for flying.

Bricks

Master member

Thanks!

View attachment 237583

Anything you would like it to be used as. 😍

Off-topic jes

Elite member
so ive built a model pacer and am going to do it free flight and want to power it with a super capacitor, im using the motor set up from the hobby zone champ. what would be a good capacitor to power this motor for 10-15 seconds.

LitterBug

Techno Nut
Mmmmmmm. Got some stuff at a local swap meet and came in under budget
IMG_20230930_135546848.jpg

The VolantRX composite-foam 2 meter glider will be in the air first. Just need to fix a broken end link and throw a radio in. Liking the rigid body compared to my current all foam Surfer 2000. Plus it has a nose motor and folding prop. Should be a much nicer flyer.

The balsa is missing the rudder servo, and I will most likely add a nose motor

Cheers!
LitterBug

Bricks

Master member
Mmmmmmm. Got some stuff at a local swap meet and came in under budget
View attachment 240270
The VolantRX composite-foam 2 meter glider will be in the air first. Just need to fix a broken end link and throw a radio in. Liking the rigid body compared to my current all foam Surfer 2000. Plus it has a nose motor and folding prop. Should be a much nicer flyer.

The balsa is missing the rudder servo, and I will most likely add a nose motor

Cheers!
LitterBug

And you did not spend more to reach your budget????????????????? Sad just SAD your teaching the wrong attitude.

Hondo76251

Legendary member

Thanks!
It almost looks like an old spotlight/stage lamp. Could also be some kind of surveyors tripod.

Sorry, a bit of an older post but I haven't been on in a while. Just catching up, and checking to see what's become of the aviation community and all the new rules 🙃

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
It almost looks like an old spotlight/stage lamp. Could also be some kind of surveyors tripod.

Sorry, a bit of an older post but I haven't been on in a while. Just catching up, and checking to see what's become of the aviation community and all the new rules 🙃
hahaha same lol
decided to see what's been happening around here after a long year