Help! Thin Wall Slicing in Cura

floatyflyer

Hi All! I'm working on 3D printing the Piper Cub model from 3DLabPrint.

https://3dlabprint.com/shop/piperj3cub/

Their default files come pre-built for Prusaslicer and non-foamed PLA. My printer has some issues with Prusaslicer (Anycubic Kobra, but that's a separate issue), and I'm using Polymaker pre-foamed PLA so I'm trying to slice in Cura. Everything seems good except for the fact that the walls seem to be slicing too thin or something. There are internal walls that are supposed to connect but they're not. I'll post a picture of what I'm talking about below. I'm using surface mode, which I'm wondering if might have something to do with it? And I did try printing the part to see if it was just Cura looking weird but the walls actually did not connect in the print either. I don't appear to be able to attach the actual files from 3DLabPrint but they're available for free on their website.

Screen Shot 2023-06-19 at 7.42.38 PM.png

jpot1

Elite member
I have printed the cub and it is designed for the foaming lw-pla. Do not use surface mode just normal slicing. Those lines when printing will connect since the material will expand. It’s intentionally that way otherwise it would push through the walls,