Timmy

Timmy

Legendary member
I don't think I've formally introduced myself like others have, I just kinda jumped in with a problem with one of my guinea motors.

I'm 14 years old, live in Canada north of Toronto and I got started on this hobby 2 years ago with a duet. The battery was trash and it never really flew. I gave up on that and made a couple of gliders out of some pink insulation foam. Fast forward may of last year and I got the Delta Ray One. I had trouble with it at first but its my fist RC plane that flew for longer than a couple of seconds.I flew it mainly in safe mode. Then last December I rediscovered flite test and decided to build a mini mustang. We didn't quite know how powerful these out runner motors were and thought that I built it too heavy so I dumped it. Maybe I'll revive it one of these days. My next plane was a pusher sparrow which flew but was kind of limited. Then the Tiny Trainer came along. That is when things took off. First of all I think my dad saw how great it flew and dumped a bunch more money into more electronics. ( he would never admit this ). Then the simple soarer got built, then the big Guinea Pig (which came with a faulty motor) .While waiting for a new motor I build a bushwhacker ( which I'm too scared to fly very much), so I built the bronco and now I'm bringing the guinea back to life. I've been flying the TT constantly, it's the only model that has passed the test of time.
Oh well, that's me and my history with the hobby. I'm still knda a noob at forums and RC so expect mistakes from me.

Last edited:

Aireal Anarchist

Elite member
I'm still knda a noob at forums and RC so expect mistakes form me.

Timmy Im almost 70 and I still make mistakes all the time its part of being innovative and creative.....AND....in this hobby with a huge percentage of the products we use that dont come with coherent manual and some have NONE! its takes the collective knowledge of us all just to figure the equipment out

just have fun!

Timmy

Legendary member
Timmy Im almost 70 and I still make mistakes all the time its part of being innovative and creative.....AND....in this hobby with a huge percentage of the products we use that dont come with coherent manual and some have NONE! its takes the collective knowledge of us all just to figure the equipment out

just have fun!
I'll have plenty of fun!

LitterBug

Techno Nut
I was born before man walked on the moon, but still act 12. I refuse to "grow up". Learning how to learn is one of the greatest skillsets you can have. Keep challenging yourself and share what you learn. That is part of what makes this hobby and these forums great!

Cheers!
LitterBug

Timmy

Legendary member
I was born before man walked on the moon, but still act 12. I refuse to "grow up". Learning how to learn is one of the greatest skillsets you can have. Keep challenging yourself and share what you learn. That is part of what makes this hobby and these forums great!

Cheers!
LitterBug
what is your profile pic?