tri kk2 multistar tuning

rofflcopter

have built a tri and quad, both using stock software on esc's form hobbyking, built the x900 and x550 with their recommended parts, but still having issues with both not staying in a relatively stable position, before I go on I do have V1.2 software on the kk2, still waiting on the USB to update it.
But I have been through a lot of tuning on both and I'm still getting random wandering and issue. I believe they are not completely tuned yet of course but curious if anyone else has had issues with using the multi star or ty-p1 esc..
For example they might be sitting fairly stable in flight for a few moments but will tend to wonder forward, side, yaw, whatever and at an exponential rate usually.

kah00na

Your KK2 board doesn't have GPS positional hold. Unless everything is 100% perfectly balanced, leveled, zeroed, etc, you're going to have some movement when you hover. You have to compensate for it with your transmitter. If you want the almost-no-movement hover, then you're going to have to move to a flight board with some kind of GPS hold or some kind of ground camera like the AR Parrot drone has. When your KK2 board is updated, you'll probably get a better hover, but you'll still have to compensate for it some.

rofflcopter

Your KK2 board doesn't have GPS positional hold. Unless everything is 100% perfectly balanced, leveled, zeroed, etc, you're going to have some movement when you hover. You have to compensate for it with your transmitter. If you want the almost-no-movement hover, then you're going to have to move to a flight board with some kind of GPS hold or some kind of ground camera like the AR Parrot drone has. When your KK2 board is updated, you'll probably get a better hover, but you'll still have to compensate for it some.

Correct, I wouldn't
t expect it to stay in the same position without. but at a liniar movement in any direction would be expected, what im talking about is movement in random direction that is not just drift but increasing as it moves drift

cranialrectosis

Faster than a speeding face plant!
Mentor
The KK2 has to be flown whether or not you are in autolevel mode.

You can trim it out pretty well and tune one to be VERY stable but with a KK2 you can never take your hands off the sticks. No matter how well you tune and trim it, it will always drift. Once it starts to drift it will VERY likely increase speed in that drift until you stop it with the sticks or it stops itself in a tree. This is especially true if there is any breeze at all or you have a less than perfectly built copter. None of my three are perfect. I use wood and hand tools so perfection for me will never be possible.

The KK2 is a hands on board. Its autolevel will not keep your copter in position. It will only keep it 'reasonably' flat and return to flat when you center the sticks.

If your copter always drifts in one direction, I would recommend checking CG or a trim (or subtrim) setting. I suspect a slight breeze or slight nuance in the copter or a slight drift from getting into hover that requires that you use the sticks to balance the copter in place. It will always be there with a KK2.

Think of a KK2 autolevel as having a car with four wheels on the ground. Acro mode is like a motorcycle. You have to make small adjustments with the steering wheel or handlebars to go straight with either. Four wheels just means you don't have to balance while you do it.

Last edited: