Tricopter

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
Aaaah gotcha. I'm running the fpvmanuals yaw mech so I just imagined an arm...

I'm not sure I follow the issue with the throw limit affecting arming, could you elaborate?

Sure.

The rudder servo has too much travel - putting strain on the zip-ties holding the servo when the stick is pushed all the way. I could fix (and have fixed) it by setting up the controller to limit travel (throws) to 75% - 80% . But then it creates another issue. The KKboard arming process requires the rudder/throttle stick to go full right and full down - but since the throw is limited, the board doesn't get the 100% throw it needs to arm successfully.

I don't think that there is any simple solution, just wondering if anyone had the same issue I had.

Nic

I don't get why the KKboard arming process requires the rudder/throttle stick to go full right and full down??

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
I don't get why the KKboard arming process requires the rudder/throttle stick to go full right and full down??

That's the way you arm the board :) It's a safety feature. I'm surprised you didn't know this.

Nic

Nop, I'm learning every day!! But where can I learn more about the KKboard, and those safety features?

Nic

So if i'm using the fpvmanual plateform, the only way to manage this problem is by the lenght of the servo arm that will put more or less input on the servo?

Nic

But I don't know, even after reading what you've sent me, why this "safety" feature is safe and that they didn't think about this issue.

Nic

tricopter66.jpg

On David's website, I wondered why the setting of the battery type was on "Ni-xx" if he was using a 3s Turnigy 25-35C 2200mAh LiPo? Is that an error or there's a reason for that?

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
On David's website, I wondered why the setting of the battery type was on "Ni-xx" if he was using a 3s Turnigy 25-35C 2200mAh LiPo? Is that an error or there's a reason for that?

That's a safety measure. It disables the Low Voltage Cutoff on the ESC's. If you go below LVC level in air, your tricopter will drop like a stone. By setting the ESC's to Ni-xx it won't cut the power, but you'll have to time your flights and use a low voltage beeper to keep from killing (overdischarging) the LiPos.

Dead LiPo is better than dead tricopter.

Nic

Am I supposed to put my bind plug into my ar6115e receiver at each flight? Because i'm reading the Spektrum dx6i manual and it just doesn't do it right!!

dezertdog

Am I supposed to put my bind plug into my ar6115e receiver at each flight? Because i'm reading the Spektrum dx6i manual and it just doesn't do it right!!

Put the bind plug in, bind the Tx, take it out. Not needed for that model memory anymore on that Tx.

You're DX6i has multiple model memories, it saves the bind settings for each one you set up.

That being said I keep a bind plug in the neck strap clip where it connects to the controller so I have one handy if needed.

2012-05-23 14.49.54.jpg

Last edited:

Nic

The thing is that when I unplug the battery and then I replug my battery for a new flight, my receiver isn't blinking for binding. I need to put my bind plug at each flight...is it supposed to do that?

dezertdog

The thing is that when I unplug the battery and then I replug my battery for a new flight, my receiver isn't blinking for binding. I need to put my bind plug at each flight...is it supposed to do that?

The Rx only blinks when it's in bind mode. Once bound, it will just have a solid light at power on.

The procedure for flight from power off is:

- Throttle closed
- Tx power on
- Tx throttle hold on (for safety, if programmed)
- Rx power on
- Rx (and satellite antenna if you have one) will have a solid light
- Throttle hold off (again, if programmed)
- Go fly!

Last edited:

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
You only need to bind the Tx and Rx once. The DX6i has 10 models (planes) of storage. When you change the model, you won't be able to fly the first plane. But if you go back to the first model, it should automatically reconnect.

When you change the battery, it should reconnect in a few seconds.

Nic

Ok guys, I want to reverse the compensation direction of my yaw servo on my KKboard. I went on David's website, turned the Roll pot at the minimum position, turned on the transmitter, than the flight-controller, then a LED light should blink 10 times, but it just doesn't blink. How can I make it work?

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
Ok guys, I want to reverse the compensation direction of my yaw servo on my KKboard. I went on David's website, turned the Roll pot at the minimum position, turned on the transmitter, than the flight-controller, then a LED light should blink 10 times, but it just doesn't blink. How can I make it work?

Maybe the pots themselves are reversed as well. Try setting the pot to maximum instead of minimum.