Tutor Build Plans for FTCA Aircrew Only!!!!!!

Flyingshark

Master member
I understand what you are saying and I agree with a lot of what you are saying here. I don't agree that everyone that doesn't think the same way feels they are necessarily "owed" anything or ungrateful if they choose not to join FTCA and say they preferred the way it use to be either.

The point I was trying to make is that everyone is being pigeonholed into one of two groups here and I think there is a lot more than only, for lack of better terms, FT fanboy's & ungrateful taker's.

The first group (#1) seems to be saying, you should be grateful for everything FT has done for the hobby and you should not think it's any big deal to join FTCA and if you do join, you will get perks for joining and (will probably/may still) get access to future plans but we are not going to commit to that. If you don't think this way like us, then you are being ungrateful for everything Josh and the rest of FT has done for you.

The second group (#2) is everyone else and many of those seem to be saying we helped FT get where it is today, we are not stealing from them by making commercial kits, and now we feel we are being penalized with no new plan access and made to feel like ungrateful takers by group #1 because we don't want to join yet. They may feel this way about joining because they just don't understand what is FTCA, how is it going to help the hobby or members, or has had what could be perceived as an unorganized and unfocused start.

Problems with this is that there are a lot of shades of grey in the middle of black/white debates and forcing people in the middle to be pushed to one side or the other never works, they just go away. For example, IMO, there are plenty here that have contributed to the success of the hobby over the years by helping others get into the hobby by teaching others to fly, organizing events, etc. and there are many here that have helped FT get where they are today by supporting them financially by buying kits & gear.

Where are all those other long time members today? People in this hobby come and go, but I see some that use to be here still fly & build planes, post on other hobby related forums, and they are not here now. Why? Maybe because of stuff like this, or maybe other reasons are to blame, or maybe a little of both.

Everyone here is on common ground and wants the hobby to survive, so let's not turn this into a tribal thing. There is already enough of that in everyone's real life, we don't need it in the FUN stuff too...

I don't really see why we should care about these differences of opinion. ("I joined for the plans" and "I joined so I can fly more planes in the future.")

Anyone who joins the FTCA is financially supporting the future of the hobby, which should be a positive thing for the idealistic people among us, while the material-oriented ones can be happy that by joining they get plans for more airplanes to build. It seems like joining the FTCA, assuming you have the money, is a good thing for everybody at both ends of the spectrum.

For me personally, plans are the short-term draw (why I join NOW), and having a hobby in 10 years is the long-term draw (what I would make a donation for). :)

Ratcheeroo

Legendary member
This is exactly what I was referring to in my post. Personally I could care less about the Tutor plans, but the plans and they way they were offered were what originally attracted me to FT. Since then I have built a few scratch builds with them, but I have also spent quite a bit from the FT store to support them because I like what they are doing.

What I do care about is the name calling by members, assumptions being made, and making others feel like they don't belong because they are not drinking the cool-aid without a few questions even though you say its good for me.

Enjoy yourselves everyone. Too much drama for me...
Too much drama for you? self created my friend, plans are still there, still free, If you don't care about the Tutor plans then what is the problem? evrybody says "I don't care about the Tutor plans " but they are the whole crux of this completely insane , off the tracks discussion and its really sad to see it explained again and again and people still don't get it. Read @CappyAmeric post from a few hours ago, its the whole thing in a nutshell. I still watch flite test videos, still download free plans from flite test, my opinion of what they are and what they are trying to do has not changed. FT and FTCA are two separate entities as has been stated so many times in this thread. So if you are leaving, best of luck to you in the future and your pursuit of the hobby, sad to see ya go over such a petty thing.

CappyAmeric

Elite member
...If you don't care about the Tutor plans then what is the problem? evrybody says "I don't care about the Tutor plans " but they are the whole crux of this completely insane , off the tracks discussion and its really sad to see it explained again and again and people still don't get it.

Josh's fault for designing a plane that everyone claims not to want wants. (It is a pretty cool little bird too).

SSgt Duramax

I don't really see why we should care about these differences of opinion. ("I joined for the plans" and "I joined so I can fly more planes in the future.")

Anyone who joins the FTCA is financially supporting the future of the hobby, which should be a positive thing for the idealistic people among us, while the material-oriented ones can be happy that by joining they get plans for more airplanes to build. It seems like joining the FTCA, assuming you have the money, is a good thing for everybody at both ends of the spectrum.

For me personally, plans are the short-term draw (why I join NOW), and having a hobby in 10 years is the long-term draw (what I would make a donation for). :)

Preach it.

Yet the usual offenders continue to be petty and childish.

bisco

Elite member
i'm considering the sbk for this winter, since the plans are no longer available. i think i can stuff a thousand mm in my hatch.

SSgt Duramax

i'm considering the sbk for this winter, since the plans are no longer available. i think i can stuff a thousand mm in my hatch.
Watch the last 10 minutes of the FTCA podcast. There is still hope to get the plans if you want them. Consider the olive branch extended.

I did end up buying a SBK, but I bought the Jolly Roger T28. I was clinging to hope that the plans for that would be released for a while, but when they came out with the printed ones, I knew what needed to be done...

https://forum.flitetest.com/index.php?threads/live-podcast-for-11-18-21-moved.68856/#post-689872

Droneflyer200

Hey Guys I want to Offer My apology for my involvement in the debate We had here .My intent was not to start an argument, My main reason for being here is to make friends and to share this hobby with others. I was just disappointed when I heard 24 hours after becoming aircrew I was too late. I felt a little left out in reality I just want to belong in fellowship and help support The Hobby. Its one I have been involve in most of my life.

AIRFORGE

Make It Fly!
Hey Guys I want to Offer My apology for my involvement in the debate We had here .My intent was not to start an argument, My main reason for being here is to make friends and to share this hobby with others. I was just disappointed when I heard 24 hours after becoming aircrew I was too late. I felt a little left out in reality I just want to belong in fellowship and help support The Hobby. Its one I have been involve in most of my life.
You're not too late! You CAN still get the Toot plan, IF you follow the instructions described by Lee in the podcast.
Watch starting at 52:18.
FTCA Podcast 11-19-21

bisco

Elite member
well, if that's the case, how can i trust that we will get the tutor plan? the whole thing sounds a bit haphazard

SSgt Duramax

It's because good hearts help those who cannot help themselves. :cool:(y)

It is a smart business move, really.

You created hype/demand, so extending the deadline can further upgrade members or create new ones. Never a bad thing.

Plus, you get the personal gratification of calling people's bluff to see who will step up.

Although, you get people that are going to look for an excuse not to do it anyway. Could end up feeling like D-bags anyways if they give them to all as a Christmas present. Of course, then you would have those who said they pulled a fast one there too. by "tricking people" to sign up to get plans, then giving them away the next month. Damned if you do and damned if you don't I suppose.

I would personally be fine if they locked all plans up except for the most basic ones, but the itch probably isn't worth the scratch there.