FTCA Membership information

JasonK

Participation Award Recipient
It is very likely that upgrading between ground and air wasn't something considered upfront and they might be trying to figure out how to work out a solution for that.

alan0043

It is very likely that upgrading between ground and air wasn't something considered upfront and they might be trying to figure out how to work out a solution for that.

I would think that they could give him a new membership number.

JasonK

Participation Award Recipient
I would think that they could give him a new membership number.
wouldn't even need a new membership number, what level is probably just a field in a DB/spreadsheet somewhere (or which mailing list the email address is on). My though was actually reguarding automating it and handling the partial billing type stuff (and what types of changes they are up to allowing, if you can switch up, can you switch down type stuff). So it is really more then just 'update a field some where' (that is typically the easy part.

Spitfire76

Thanks @FTCA Director for taking care of my request to upgrade my current ground membership to air crew. I see that I was charged $16 as you must have credited me $8 for the remaining 8 months of my ground crew membership.

Marzipan

no more ground crew?

nope, it's caused to much drama because it's created division due to the perks between Ground and Aircrew, so they're upgrading all Ground crew members Aircrew at no additional cost but will need to decide if they want to pay the $24 fee when up for renewal.

my name is Marz and I approve this message! ;)

Usafa93

I just joined FTCA Aircrew today! Been away from the hobby for a bit and looking to get back into it. As an aircrew member, is there an archive of past emails or plans? Looking to see what I missed. Also, is there some way connecting my FT account and FTCA? Thanks in advance!!

bisco

Elite member
congrats! from as i understand it, you get plans beginning with when you sign up, nothing from the past.

Marzipan

I just joined FTCA Aircrew today! Been away from the hobby for a bit and looking to get back into it. As an aircrew member, is there an archive of past emails or plans? Looking to see what I missed. Also, is there some way connecting my FT account and FTCA? Thanks in advance!!

they are currently separate...same as the store; you need to have three accounts.

Usafa93

Is there any way to buy past plans, then? I hate to think I just won't be able to build these great planes from scratch.

CappyAmeric

Elite member
Is there any way to buy past plans, then? I hate to think I just won't be able to build these great planes from scratch.
FT has indicated in their podcasts that they are examining ways to provide new plane plans in the future; one that keeps thieves from reselling their intellectual property. For now, your best bet is to purchase a speed build kit, and trace it out to scratch build or for crash replacement.

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
Hey guys, just let me interject before something explodes...
Flitetest is doing their best to do what they believe is correct, but we must remember that multiple families rely on ft not just because it's cool, but rather because that's what keeps a roof over their heads, and food on the table.
They've done an incredible amount for the hobby, and will continue doing so, Even if it's not exactly how they would like it.

Let's all be thankful, for what we have, and what we've had.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!