UK Equivalent of US Flite Fest?

TimJim

I joined a club recently and have to say nobody has looked down their nose at my FT models, in fact they've been very impressed. I handed one of the instructors my spitfire yesterday and he couldn't believe what it could do. So give your local club a call and see if you can arrange to get down there on a sat or Sunday. Take a plane - their insurance should cover you for three visits before you join up and get insured. BMFA membership with all the insurance it affords is about £40 for the year (covers you flying elsewhere too!) and my club is £30 on top of that for the year. Now I get to fly here image.png
and have experienced flyers around to help me out. You'll probably enjoy a load of banter - I was even given 2 planes last week which just need radio gear.

What's there to lose?

Tim

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    563 KB · Views: 1

Mr.McGoo

I'd be interested in helping organise a FT inspired meet. I'm just about to join my local club as well.

I'm 32, which although is not young, I suspect I am significantly younger than the entire club.

nistrum

not the best time of year to go joining a club i suspect. I manage to get out once a week or so to throw up my arrow but thats about it...

We really need something like some of the shows the yanks have. you look at things like joe nall and flite fest, seff and all the others, why is it we cant get one major flying event going? i like having a local club to go to but as you said i am half the age of half the members, and im 30... I also live in london so flying space is SUPER restrictive and i cant drive so.. im stuck in local fields most of the time. it would be nice to have an event i can go to and take a few planes and fly in a big open field with a load of others and just nerd out with some new friends....