*Unofficial* FT A-10 Warthog

ThatPolishHotdog

Fuselage is done, and I am probably going to take a break from building the rest of the nose as I'm really not having fun. Josh Bixler makes the build look really easy (of course), but honestly, the nose is a real pain in the you-know-what to build.
IMG_0294.jpeg

ThatPolishHotdog

Excellent. You are moving very fast.

Yeah once I got past the big parts, the build is coming along fast.

servos are in clear view why didn't they hide em away under the wing?

Makes it a lot easier for service/building/puts the point of where the servo is moving on the middle of the aileron, making it more balanced and last longer/keeps it off the ground preventing damage.

Here's it so far. This is one heck of a plane.
IMG_0299.jpeg

IMG_0300.jpeg

IMG_0301.jpeg

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor

ThatPolishHotdog

Great work! What motors are you using?

Thanks! Pretty standard 2218 1180's, so the radials. I've got to admit, I was very skeptical of them at first, but know they are one of my favorite motor combos. They're surprisingly efficient.

Got the canopy on, and for a little spice, I added my own little GAU-8 Avenger to the nose, hehe.

IMG_0303.jpeg

Drone 5

Both mine fly really well.
are you getting someone to hand launch it for you? I have put an undercarriage on each of mine. They work well and allow both hands on the sticks.

ThatPolishHotdog

Both mine fly really well.
are you getting someone to hand launch it for you? I have put an undercarriage on each of mine. They work well and allow both hands on the sticks.

That's good to hear. No, I have an aversion to people handling my planes. A couple bad experiences was all it took. I have plenty of experience launching my own planes. I do the thing where I launch with my left, and use my chin to operate the throttle while still having full control with my right.

ThatPolishHotdog

I had tried making a box to hold mine, but it was about 4" too long for my Tacoma's short bed (I can tell you have a Taco too ;)). I like that you just made the brace for the aft fuselage.

300,000 miles and still going strong. Best truck ever. Yeah the nose I reinforced with a paint stick on the inside, so it's plenty sturdy to lay down.