*Unofficial* FT Simple Stick

chris398mx

Master member
Here is my attempt at this plane. I still need to add the landing gear and install the radio components. I am putting a Rimfire .10 motor on it. I hope this motor works out well. It is only rated for 3S, so I am not sure how it will perform.
IMG_6838.jpg

IMG_6836.jpg

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Here is my attempt at this plane. I still need to add the landing gear and install the radio components. I am putting a Rimfire .10 motor on it. I hope this motor works out well. It is only rated for 3S, so I am not sure how it will perform.
View attachment 203520
View attachment 203521
Great work! The .10 should be adequate, I ran their .15 on mine and it was ballistic on 3s, and it was even able to fly well on 2s.

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
FT Simple Stick version 1.1 revision list:
  • Part (1) & (2) RIGHT/LEFT WING, added CG symbols. [SHEET - 2]; [SHEET - 3]; [TILE A-12]; [TILE A-17]; [TILE - B6]; [TILE - B9]
  • Part (5), FUSELAGE, changed A-Fold symbol to B-Fold symbol. [SHEET - 1]; [TILE A-2]; [TILE - B1]
  • Part (8), BATTERY HATCH, added double-bevel hatch and note. [SHEET - 2]; [TILE - A13]; [TILE - B7]
  • Part (11), HORIZONTAL STABILIZER, added cavity hatch for fold over. [SHEET - 1]; [TILE - A5]; [TILE - A6]; [TILE - B3]; [TILE - B4]

danskis

Master member
So I've been on and off this forum for the past year and haven't been paying attention. I would like to download the simple stick plans. Where do I join so I can have access?

CappyAmeric

Elite member
So I've been on and off this forum for the past year and haven't been paying attention. I would like to download the simple stick plans. Where do I join so I can have access?
The plans for the FT Simple Stick are only available to FTCA (Flite Test Community Association) members. I think Ground Crew and Air Crew members received the Simple Stick plans in June (along with ‘please don’t share’ instruction).

You can join FTCA here: https://ftca.flitetest.com/ftca-membership/

AIRFORGE

Make It Fly!
The plans for the FT Simple Stick are only available to FTCA (Flite Test Community Association) members. I think Ground Crew and Air Crew members received the Simple Stick plans in June (along with ‘please don’t share’ instruction).

You can join FTCA here: https://ftca.flitetest.com/ftca-membership/
Everyone that joins, including Spectator, will gain access to the FT Simple Stick plans. It is the Starter Package.

Gilwo

I have found a useful aid to cutting bevels. Josh Bixler has very steady accurate hands. I do not. When I am cutting a bevel, I lay a long flat thin steel rule about 1/4" or 3/16" parallel to the fold. Then I use the razor just as Josh shows but a shallower angle so that the blade stays just clear of the paper on the underside of the bevel. Then I can press the blade against the steel rule and know that I won't cut too deeply. Now my bevels more closely resemble Josh's very clean cuts. I wish I could tell you where I found my steel rule but I just found it unused one day and picked it up. It helps a lot to have some form of non-skid on the underside of the rule to prevent it slipping.

Gilwo

Gilwo; I have a work table with a metal edge. I put parallel marks on the table just back from the edge and lay the part to be beveled on the table on those marks. Run the utility knife along the edge. The utility knife is a large snap off type knife.
The nice thing about your scheme is that the metal edge won't slip. I use blue tape on the underside of my steel rule to reduce slipping. My dining room table does not have a metal edge and my wife would not appreciate using the wood edge to guide my razor.

TheFlyingBrit

Legendary member
FT Simple Stick version 1.1 revision list:
  • Part (1) & (2) RIGHT/LEFT WING, added CG symbols. [SHEET - 2]; [SHEET - 3]; [TILE A-12]; [TILE A-17]; [TILE - B6]; [TILE - B9]
  • Part (5), FUSELAGE, changed A-Fold symbol to B-Fold symbol. [SHEET - 1]; [TILE A-2]; [TILE - B1]
  • Part (8), BATTERY HATCH, added double-bevel hatch and note. [SHEET - 2]; [TILE - A13]; [TILE - B7]
  • Part (11), HORIZONTAL STABILIZER, added cavity hatch for fold over. [SHEET - 1]; [TILE - A5]; [TILE - A6]; [TILE - B3]; [TILE - B4]
Having joined as a spectator and downloaded the Simple Stick plan, how do I now get the revision list ?

M

MCNC

Sponz was kind enough to list the changes included in 1.1 which was beneficial especially to those that had already printed the tiled plans and wished to reprint only the changed tiles.

Gilwo

Having joined as a spectator and downloaded the Simple Stick plan, how do I now get the revision list ?
If you recently downloaded the plans for the Simple Stick, the corrections are already incorporated in what you downloaded. Sponz made all the corrections in one revision and that is all that you could download after that date. Look at the fuselage. There should be a "B" fold in the middle. If it is an "A" fold, you need to download again. If the "B", then you don't need to worry about the revisions.