*Unofficial* FT Simple Stick

Keno

Nearly done on my end, but I am waiting on Flite Test for some other information regarding the plans. Right now, there is no exact ETA on when they will get released.

Some of the planes that have been discontinued make sense to me, but there are a couple that do not. I am not involved in any of that decision making and do not know anymore than you folks do. The Legacy I do know (based on info JBix shared in a YT message) will be making a return in Maker Foam with different landing gear. I do agree, the landing gear on the original Legacy is very nice. My guess is it was a pain to ship because the kits are flat pack and the gear is not. It will be interesting to see what they come up with. I'm just glad I got a couple sets of the large gear and a set of the medium gear while it was available.

Waiting, waiting, .....Ah, waiting is a thing that we must endure, but a reward usually provided to those who wait. Just to let you know the Sidewinder did compete in our local Wombat - Combat event and was highly respected for its performance. Next year it will dominate the sky. I am looking forward the Simple Stick as it will provide us with a plane the we all knew and will provided us with great pleasure. Appreciate your contribution to supplying us with CAD drawings for us to build wonderful models and that has not gone unnoticed. Thank You Ken

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
Is there a "Discontinued" section or something, that I've missed? Most the kits that were removed from the FT Store have returned with the Maker Foam update. If there are discontinued kits, is there information on the store, forum, or elsewhere, about them?
Any new Maker Foam kit on the store that says it will be available December 31, 2029 is discontinued. If you scroll down to the description, you will see it clearly stated in the first sentence of the first paragraph.

Below are a couple of examples:
https://store.flitetest.com/flite-t...electric-airplane-kit-635mm-flt-1134/p1218510
https://store.flitetest.com/flite-t...electric-airplane-kit-700mm-flt-1131/p1218507

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
Waiting, waiting, .....Ah, waiting is a thing that we must endure, but a reward usually provided to those who wait. Just to let you know the Sidewinder did compete in our local Wombat - Combat event and was highly respected for its performance. Next year it will dominate the sky. I am looking forward the Simple Stick as it will provide us with a plane the we all knew and will provided us with great pleasure. Appreciate your contribution to supplying us with CAD drawings for us to build wonderful models and that has not gone unnoticed. Thank You Ken
@Keno Thank you for the kind words, I very much appreciate that. I enjoy hearing about the SideWinder being used for it's intended purpose...

...C O M B A T ! ! !

AIRFORGE

Make It Fly!
Any new Maker Foam kit on the store that says it will be available December 31, 2029 is discontinued. If you scroll down to the description, you will see it clearly stated in the first sentence of the first paragraph.

Below are a couple of examples:
https://store.flitetest.com/flite-t...electric-airplane-kit-635mm-flt-1134/p1218510
https://store.flitetest.com/flite-t...electric-airplane-kit-700mm-flt-1131/p1218507

Thanks, Dan.
I've been wondering about that for quite a while, now. Never noticed that in the descriptions.
Again, thank you, Sir.

Mr_Stripes

Elite member
1597709598549.png

What the heck is that? An fpv mount?

Mr_Stripes

Elite member
Spadtothe bone or spadworld.org, we did a lot of Coro sticks. That was a main staple for SPADS.

At one of the , 2011 I think, we had a mass stick fly, it was well over 30 sticks in the air
I wish I could see that.
I will definitely be scratch building the simple stick. It looks awesome!

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
View attachment 177325
What the heck is that? An fpv mount?
It's a NACA duct to provide airflow over the electronics to prevent them from overheating. You'll find them on a few of the FT designs and most of mine. This picture is a bad example of it though, as I had not yet glued it in the open position.

Should look more like this...
1597716492513.png

GrizWiz

Elite member
I guess I kinda have to build one - look at my avatar... :p It should be more aerobatic than my simple stick, but I'd still stick to my stick (no pun intended) for training people with. I actually almost pre-ordered the SBK for it then I decided to support @SP0NZ instead and use his plans. :)
Wait did you design the stick first?

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
Wait did you design the stick first?
The stick was first designed way back in the dark ages. It was traditionally designd to be a test bed for glow motors. It is a simple rugged easy to fly consistent airframe that lends itself well to that purpose. These are all variations of the same plane.

I want to build one

No plans yet??!!

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
The stick was first designed way back in the dark ages. It was traditionally designd to be a test bed for glow motors. It is a simple rugged easy to fly consistent airframe that lends itself well to that purpose. These are all variations of the same plane.

I want to build one

No plans yet??!!
Come on man, just build mine😂. Jk, do whatever you want - if you want to start a group build on the ft stick I’ll join you!

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
If we’re talking fb sticks, yes - I designed mine and named it “Simple stick” before FT came out with theirs, or even propping it in the background of their vids. It kinda sucks but oh well...
Not splitting hairs, but there have been several FT style foam board sticks designed well before yours.

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Not splitting hairs, but there have been several FT style foam board sticks designed well before yours.
Yeah, I’ve seen those as well. Kinda ticks me off that they named it exactly the same as mine... Whatever though, it’s a great design and I’m glad that FT is getting it out there!