vidSmooth: new, free open source video stabilization software

utnuc

Hey guys, I wanted to share an open source project of mine vidSmooth that takes any input video and outputs a stabilized version in high quality mp4/h264 format. I'm just now getting into fpv for fixed wings, and wrote this software for this community to make viewing fpv videos a little less nauseating. I do realize that there are already many ways to skin this cat, and that fpv purists might balk at such processing... but I think it's valuable to have a free option that makes a barely viewable fpv video watchable, and a good fpv video quite enjoyable. The app has been packaged for MacOS and Windows.

https://github.com/uotw/vidSmooth

Here's a sample comparison.

Original video here.

IanSR

Very nice, I will give it a go tomorrow after flying, since it's going to be windy, it might need some stabilising lol.

FPVAirCombat

Sweet, let me know what you guys think... And please post some sample clips!

Ben

I am not code savy. What is needed to run the program? Downloading the exe file caused CPU to run hard for a while then nothing happened.

utnuc

I am not code savy. What is needed to run the program? Downloading the exe file caused CPU to run hard for a while then nothing happened.
Weird. What version of Windows are you running? The exe is an installer app for Windows. Working here on Windows 10.

CarolineTyler

Legendary member
Same as above - Windows 10 Home - 8Gb RAM - it launches but as soon as I gave it a file....nothing, no CPU used unless I interact with the menu where up I get 2 -3% CPU usage

utnuc

Thanks for the bug report gang. Can anyone who's having trouble on Windows 10 home check if they're on a 32 or 64b version?

winkimjr

I am frustrated because when I downloaded the vidSmooth.v0.0.2.installer.exe I got the message "vidSmooth.v0.0.2.installer.exe was blocked because it could harm your device. I tried to install it on two laptops both running Windows 10. Any help will be greatly appreciated to solve this blocking.

JasonK

Participation Award Recipient
I am frustrated because when I downloaded the vidSmooth.v0.0.2.installer.exe I got the message "vidSmooth.v0.0.2.installer.exe was blocked because it could harm your device. I tried to install it on two laptops both running Windows 10. Any help will be greatly appreciated to solve this blocking.
that is a windows security issue, you need to tell it that it is ok to download the file, which would be in some security settings.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/an...was-blocked-because-this-type-of-file-ca.html

did you click keep or delete? or did you not even get that option?

if that link doesn't help, what web broswer your using and some screenshots of the error/etc are needed (so we can search the web for the answer for you)

winkimjr

that is a windows security issue, you need to tell it that it is ok to download the file, which would be in some security settings.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/an...was-blocked-because-this-type-of-file-ca.html

did you click keep or delete? or did you not even get that option?

if that link doesn't help, what web broswer your using and some screenshots of the error/etc are needed (so we can search the web for the answer for you)
There is nothing to delete because I did not get to that option. I am using Edge

winkimjr

Here is screenshot. I tried to download twice already. Again I am using Edge browser,

Attachments

• vidSmooth.v0.0.2.PNG
    vidSmooth.v0.0.2.PNG
    84.3 KB · Views: 0