• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

What did you crash today

bwarz

ok. .I tried to laugh. Quite a bit windy and sloppy depth perception landed me hard into a tree. Luckily I was able to retrieve it...
20200521_175431.jpg

Won't be as nice looking as before, but I think some glue and stir sticks will have me back in the air after an evening. After this didn't have the nerve to maiden the zero or corsair:cry: Oh well...heading back out, maybe the wind will calm down

I think I am giving up on the design for now.. either I messed up the CG when I moved the servos (it was fine before I left, but the wind made it impossible to check on the field) or something else. Supper sensitive on the elevator (even after dialing down the dual rates to 60% and as low throws as I could put the servo horns) and really bad rudder controls. It eventually took one to many crashes while trying to get it to fly (yes it wouldn't take long to fix it). I am thinking about retiring this and putting the motor/etc in a new frame...

halfSheetMultipleCrashes.jpg

Not so much of a crash today but I Dragged out my busted up little Durafly Mk24 Spitfire today, gave her a little makeover, replaced the broken and remove the gloopy glue joints with plastic hinges 😍 gave her a little paint job. Now to rob my daughters old dolly box for a pilot
little more painting to do and finish her
D4ABA153-8DAC-4C2A-8D31-46B19ACCA3D8.jpeg

Last edited:
ok. .I tried to laugh. Quite a bit windy and sloppy depth perception landed me hard into a tree. Luckily I was able to retrieve it... View attachment 169596
Won't be as nice looking as before, but I think some glue and stir sticks will have me back in the air after an evening. After this didn't have the nerve to maiden the zero or corsair:cry: Oh well...heading back out, maybe the wind will calm down
@Grifflyer

ok. .I tried to laugh. Quite a bit windy and sloppy depth perception landed me hard into a tree. Luckily I was able to retrieve it... View attachment 169596
Ouch that's too bad...