What does it take to get a response?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Binkzip33

Is it just my luck or does anyone else have a problem getting any attention? 2 and 3 days to get a response and still waiting. It's bad enough there is no telephone number (At least none that I can find) but trying to purchase something is proven to be impossible. I really had faith in flitetest after watching all those videos but I'm being forced to buy somewhere else.

CrashRecovery

I'm a care bear...Really?
Mentor
first welcome...... second hold your horses there. What are you trying to get an answer for? I have never had an issue with ordering anything from the flite test store. Is it a question on a product? Recommendation for a setup? Sometimes its better to check on here and see what the forum knows before you get grumpy about the store. Most of the people who post on here have made most if not all of the ft planes. So we know what works and what doesn't. I do need to suggest you try the search function first. Before posting look to see if your question has been asked before. It saves you time in the long run.
So post your question/issue and lets see how we can help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Binkzip33

first welcome...... second hold your horses there. What are you trying to get an answer for? I have never had an issue with ordering anything from the flite test store. Is it a question on a product? Recommendation for a setup? Sometimes its better to check on here and see what the forum knows before you get grumpy about the store. Most of the people who post on here have made most if not all of the ft planes. So we know what works and what doesn't. I do need to suggest you try the search function first. Before posting look to see if your question has been asked before. It saves you time in the long run.
So post your question/issue and lets see how we can help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let's see, If I pay for an overnite shipment could you please overnite an order because I only have time on the weekends with my son and nephews to build? Do you have an answer for that? It's easy for you to come on here and tell me not to get grumpy when you don't know my situation. I guess I"m not supposed to ask a question about anything because I'm a bad guy (translation=grumpy). Futhermore, I don't really care how great your experiences have been cause i'm only concerned about my present experience. I have other questions but unless you sell them and can make administrative decisions I'm doubting you can help.

abieex

Mentor
Calm down, its a hobby and not life and death. Send them a message and I'm sure they will comply.......lets start over, Welcome to FliteTest!!

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
Is it just my luck or does anyone else have a problem getting any attention? 2 and 3 days to get a response and still waiting. It's bad enough there is no telephone number (At least none that I can find) but trying to purchase something is proven to be impossible. I really had faith in flitetest after watching all those videos but I'm being forced to buy somewhere else.

Hello and welcome to the forums. I've never really had an urgent need to contact Flite Test, so I can't speak to your question directly. I can tell you, that if you are looking for a response from a Flite Test employee, you probably won't get it here. Although, the forum admins may be able to bring it to an FT employees attention to escalate a response to you. The FT forum community is very helpful and responsive however. If you gave us some details regarding what you are trying to accomplish, odds are, others here have had a similar experience and may be able to answer your questions.

CrashRecovery

I'm a care bear...Really?
Mentor
Let's see, If I pay for an overnite shipment could you please overnite an order because I only have time on the weekends with my son and nephews to build? Do you have an answer for that?

So lets see if I can answer this for you. I agree if you pay for the overnight then you get overnight. Now if you haven't seen anything and you ordered a couple days ago then, yes you are entitled to be a little miffed.

It's easy for you to come on here and tell me not to get grumpy when you don't know my situation. I guess I"m not supposed to ask a question about anything because I'm a bad guy (translation=grumpy). Futhermore, I don't really care how great your experiences have been cause i'm only concerned about my present experience. I have other questions but unless you sell them and can make administrative decisions I'm doubting you can help.
Now lets deal with the above. On the forums here things tend to be a bit light hearted. Since you just joined I don't expect you to know that. My Bad! But you can see that I am not new here, so I do know how a few things work at FTHQ and other adventures. I've been part of a couple podcasts, I talk to Bixler and his wife Jen, Austin, and Eric quite often. So I might be a person who can help you. Ask as many questions as you like. Unless you constantly argue, disagree, and as one person did, lie about a full size mustang he bought, you will not be labeled as a bad guy. Unless you tell us about your problem in a post we can only guess what you are having problems with. I'm going to leave you with this...... If you want PM your info and I'll see what I can find out for you. Remember they Crew just got back from an event so things are probably a little crazy right now.

Binkzip33

Hello and welcome to the forums. I've never really had an urgent need to contact Flite Test, so I can't speak to your question directly. I can tell you, that if you are looking for a response from a Flite Test employee, you probably won't get it here. Although, the forum admins may be able to bring it to an FT employees attention to escalate a response to you. The FT forum community is very helpful and responsive however. If you gave us some details regarding what you are trying to accomplish, odds are, others here have had a similar experience and may be able to answer your questions.

Thank you!
That is 10 times more helpful to me than antogonizing me with hold your horses, quit being grumpy and calm down! To be honest I wasn't upset at all till they came after me with that. On another note,

I guess I saw them having a store with employees that would handle sales. I adressed an issue with them about the packs they were offering online with the swappable kits and they said they were going to address it or correct it. So conventional wisdom told me that there is someone that handled sales. But when I emailed a second time I can't get a response and it was in reference to what I need to buy to complete set up with a speed build kit, and haven't heard from them in a couple of days. I also asked if whatever they suggested that I buy, could be overnited so I could have it for the weekend.

BridgeInspector

Flite Test Groupie
I had several inquires myself that I thought were not addressed. Then I checked my spam email and I had about 6 emails from them on my orders and other questions. Not sure if that helps but it is worth a peak in your spam folder just in case.

Binkzip33

I had several inquires myself that I thought were not addressed. Then I checked my spam email and I had about 6 emails from them on my orders and other questions. Not sure if that helps but it is worth a peak in your spam folder just in case.

Thanks, I'm checking my emails constantly for my businesses anyway so yeah that does happen sometimes.

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
Other things to consider. As professional as they appear, they are still a group of guys who started out with a video show about toy planes that was filmed in a garage and a basement. The majority of the crew just went to Florida to meet and greet with fans at an event there. The woman who runs the shipping department had the NERVE to finally take a vacation (she's at Disney right now. All of you snow bound people can send your envy laden emails to... ) Speaking of snow, there's also the fact there's blizzards that have shut down entire interstate corridors. I have a friend who is stuck in his car, on I65 in Kentucky, and has been there since about 10pm last night. If you had a package on a truck on I65, maybe he can go get it for you. ;) Not that it would do much good, since he's heading TO Ohio, not away from.

Binkzip33

Other things to consider. As professional as they appear, they are still a group of guys who started out with a video show about toy planes that was filmed in a garage and a basement. The majority of the crew just went to Florida to meet and greet with fans at an event there. The woman who runs the shipping department had the NERVE to finally take a vacation (she's at Disney right now. All of you snow bound people can send your envy laden emails to... ) Speaking of snow, there's also the fact there's blizzards that have shut down entire interstate corridors. I have a friend who is stuck in his car, on I65 in Kentucky, and has been there since about 10pm last night. If you had a package on a truck on I65, maybe he can go get it for you. ;) Not that it would do much good, since he's heading TO Ohio, not away from.

No, I was planning on placing an order.

Last edited:

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
Ahhh, my mistake. I thought you were so upset that you joined the forum, argued with other members, and disparaged Flite Test because you were concerned you had lost money.

Biff45452

Well now he can check off "ridiculed by the community" on his complaint card. Come on guys, he is frustrated and is looking for a response from the store. If I sit down at a restaurant and nobody bothers to take my order am I not justified to be upset?

Pro-tip. The written word does not carry with it the other parts of non-verbal communication. So when you lodge a complaint lacking in details with no specifics, all we can really do to start with is tell you to calm down and explain your problem.

You came here looking for help and honestly your attitude wasn't the best as written. Yes it was you venting, but please note you were venting to the community that surrounds these people. In the words of Larry the Cable Guy you just walked into the middle of a trailer park and yelled "Walmart sucks!"

What do I mean? Every time I have placed an order with FliteTest, I.E. my wallet has opened and cash has left it, my order has shipped within 24 hours, even when the site warned me of a possible 4 day delay due to current demand on one of my items. This was among the rush that was the initial power packs. My experience has been under promise over deliver, consistently.

So yeah, I get you're frustrated, yeah some people snapped back. Mainly because you weren't just calm, well thought out, and posed the question like this, "Does anyone know of any way to contact the guys at FliteTest beyond the Support page? I've already had an initial response from them but I sent a follow up reply to clarify something regarding an order I'd like to place but haven't heard back for a couple days now. This is preventing me from placing an order which I'd really like by the weekend if possible. So if anyone could help I'd really appreciate it."

Describes the problem, is concise, and doesn't provide anything that will cause "target fixation" where people will see only part of what you wrote and miss the rest. It also conveys that the ball on this one is largely out of our court and needs to be routed thusly.

Welcome to the community, as a whole we're more than happy to help, it's just best to avoid saying things that could cause a lot of us to walk right on by.

Juanzilla

Right there with you buddy

Well now he can check off "ridiculed by the community" on his complaint card. Come on guys, he is frustrated and is looking for a response from the store. If I sit down at a restaurant and nobody bothers to take my order am I not justified to be upset?

I am having a similar problem that you are Biff. I am waiting on about $600 worth of orders from the flitetest team. Sent a couple of emails asking about the delay but never got a response. I had placed another order before Christmas and got that quick, albeit missing two items I ordered. They answered that email pretty quick and got me my stuff.

Either way I think patience is going to be the way to go. They are a small operation and all we can do is be patient. They are probably getting slammed because of the resent good weather in the west.

Status
Not open for further replies.