What wing should I use?

Of course you already know the weight you are going to be putting into it but at 1500mm is around a 5 foot WS, which means you will be creating lift on the wingtips as well. This will create a lot of leveraged torque directed right to the center of the wing where it attaches to the fuse. Of course the whole wing will create the lift to evenly distribute the work throughout the wing but the center is where you will see the stress. The FB spar will be somewhere around 60" which is two full sheets wide, having a joint in the middle, creating that weak point. That is what will need the reinforcing. At that center point is where I would put the paint stick, same as the FT Storch actually, model your wing after that.

Sorry i was thinking out loud there, if the message doesn't make sense... need coffee

These are the plans that I'm using, just so you know.

Attachments

• FF-Predator.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 0

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
Jut a side note, doesn't the wingtip lift create wingtip vortices and cause induces drag on the wingtips, If not correct me pls and let me know if I'm wrong.
I might be wrong here in how I explain it but the principle is the same. The entire wing creates drag, and might be a little more at the wing tip where the high pressure from the bottom of the wing gets to mix with the low pressure on top to create such vortices'. Not only is there slightly more drag but there is lift that is lost in this mixing as well, increasing the tip stall tendency. You could make the wingtips more efficient lifters and reduce the drag by adding wing tip fences. Most jet liners use wing tip fences to get the maximum efficiency out of their wings
. 3374994092_b45a150048_z.jpg depositphotos_11914632-stock-photo-view-of-jet-plane-wing.jpg
There are different styles but you get the idea

I might be wrong here in how I explain it but the principle is the same. The entire wing creates drag, and might be a little more at the wing tip where the high pressure from the bottom of the wing gets to mix with the low pressure on top to create such vortices'. Not only is there slightly more drag but there is lift that is lost in this mixing as well, increasing the tip stall tendency. You could make the wingtips more efficient lifters and reduce the drag by adding wing tip fences. Most jet liners use wing tip fences to get the maximum efficiency out of their wings
. View attachment 179615 View attachment 179616
There are different styles but you get the idea
Yeah, I get the Idea. This is what I was trying to say when I said wingtip vortices I read this stuff in a book I got while back in 7th grade, it's a really good book imo. Its called aerodynamics of a model aircraft by martin simmons, it goes into a lot of detail and explains many concepts pretty well. There was a doc on NASA's site as well. Pretty interesting stuff.