• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Willy Nillies J3 Cub 250 Build Along

Joker 53150

Mmmmmmm, balsa.
Mentor
Welcome to the fun! Let us know of questions as they come up - since this is a Beta kit there are potentially wrinkles to iron out, but so far mine is going together very nicely.

Hopefully after the weekend. FIrst I had to portable flat clean spot since I'm having a hard time finding a good place to work. Used 2 sheets of foam board to make a flat tray to work in. Usually my two little ones consume my time outside of works so it's going to be a slow process.

Joker 53150

Mmmmmmm, balsa.
Mentor
Hopefully after the weekend. FIrst I had to portable flat clean spot since I'm having a hard time finding a good place to work. Used 2 sheets of foam board to make a flat tray to work in. Usually my two little ones consume my time outside of works so it's going to be a slow process.
Children's NyQuil, a builder's friend.

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
Yeah, juggling workspace and kids makes building more challenging for sure. I wasn't able to get much of anything built till my little one hit middle school age.

Children's NyQuil, a builder's friend.
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
That's so wrong.
But.... :ROFLMAO:

As my little ones get older they will definitely be included in what I do and currently are as much as possible. I have great memories of growing up doing construction work with my father. At 2 & 4 a balsa build is a little bit much for the 2 year old since he is full of fun. The 4 year old could help since he is vary careful most of the time.

I was able to carve out a little time last night and got some of the parts cut out and test fit. Seems like there are a lot of spare parts. ;) Guess I'm going to need to study the images on their web site and elsewhere a lot more.

Part 1 Time lapse

Willy Nillies

Of the three choices the Hurc 180 would work best with 5x3 prop. A 350mah 2s battery and you will have a real floater.

Sincerely,
Doug and Becky
WillyNillies.com