🎄Christmas Thread 2020!🎄 *MEET SANTA!*

Hoomi

Master member
is it a hardy boy movie? featuring frank and joe? if so i will watch it
Making a joke connecting The Hardy Boys stories with Orwell's 1984.

Though, there have been much dumber concepts made into TV series over the years. (*cough* My Mother the Car *cough*)

Lord of the planes

Yep.. I glare at people, sometimes I tell them it's their fault so many people are dying each day, but not that loudly, otherwise they might hear me! In the U.S. people can be so ignorant!
I personally think that the masks are inaffective and therefore there is not really a reason to wear them, example of what masks were before the virus: I know a friends mom who had cancer, when she was able to leave the hospital they gave her a mask but said “this mask will do nothing but remind people to be weary” I think if thats the case than there is no reason to wear one, we are all allready wary and weary, and people are practicing 6 feet rules anyway. (I just realized that this was a week later than this conversation started 😂 respond if you will)

Whit Armstrong

Elite member
I personally think that the masks are inaffective and therefore there is not really a reason to wear them, example of what masks were before the virus: I know a friends mom who had cancer, when she was able to leave the hospital they gave her a mask but said “this mask will do nothing but remind people to be weary” I think if thats the case than there is no reason to wear one, we are all allready wary and weary, and people are practicing 6 feet rules anyway. (I just realized that this was a week later than this conversation started 😂 respond if you will)

The real point of masks is to show people that you care. My dad has this huge industrial gas mask that he wears, and I'm sure that works, but normal cloth masks don't work really well at keeping out covid. What they do work at, however, is stopping sneezes and coughs. They block it when you cough, and it keeps germs from going everywhere. so wearing a mask isn't about protecting yourself, it's about protecting others.

Lord of the planes

The real point of masks is to show people that you care. My dad has this huge industrial gas mask that he wears, and I'm sure that works, but normal cloth masks don't work really well at keeping out covid. What they do work at, however, is stopping sneezes and coughs. They block it when you cough, and it keeps germs from going everywhere. so wearing a mask isn't about protecting yourself, it's about protecting others.
Protecting others or not I don’t think it‘s gonna stop much, if you think about calif wildfires, at least what I heard oit here in ohio, is that they told people that masks would be ineffective agasinst the smoke, but the smoke molecule thingamajiggers (smoke particles ) are a lot bigger than the covid, so if the mask is not going to stop smoke particles from going in or out, then it definitely wont stop COVID. Also you can see the holes in a lot of masks (no sure about the industrial gas mask ) while the COVID virus is microscopic, logically that wont stop anything then

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
Protecting others or not I don’t think it‘s gonna stop much, if you think about calif wildfires, at least what I heard oit here in ohio, is that they told people that masks would be ineffective agasinst the smoke, but the smoke molecule thingamajiggers (smoke particles ) are a lot bigger than the covid, so if the mask is not going to stop smoke particles from going in or out, then it definitely wont stop COVID. Also you can see the holes in a lot of masks (no sure about the industrial gas mask ) while the COVID virus is microscopic, logically that wont stop anything then
the main thing is to prevent the virus from being spread further than 1.5 m... as the air hits the mask it slows down. thus reducing the distance it can travel.
many masks are kinda ineffective in filtering out cover.. a fairly effective one has to consist of at least 3 layers of dense cotton material

Lord of the planes

the main thing is to prevent the virus from being spread further than 1.5 m... as the air hits the mask it slows down. thus reducing the distance it can travel.
many masks are kinda ineffective in filtering out cover.. a fairly effective one has to consist of at least 3 layers of dense cotton material
Okay that might be so, but i don’t think it’s super effective unless we all stood in in one place, or Else we’d be so close and therefore DIE!!! So then if it’s 3 layers of dense cotton, guess who doesn’t get enough oxygen to not go light headed, the person wearing the mask. And as much as I like the idea of self sacrifice, I don’t hunk it’s a huge deal, first off we have about the same amount of deaths per year by the flu, and yet we don’t mask and quarringitne the healthy (which we haven’t done ever in the history of viruses and pandemics and stuff) this leads me to suspect it’s more political then anything

Whit Armstrong

Elite member

The main point is just to muffle your sneezes. It's not going to stop the particles from going through at all, but it'll slow them down a bunch. But the real purpose is to show people that you actually care about their lives & yours. There's not much more you can do other than staying away from people and a handful of other things.

Lord of the planes

Geez from santa to politics
Is santa Politics?

The main point is just to muffle your sneezes. It's not going to stop the particles from going through at all, but it'll slow them down a bunch. But the real purpose is to show people that you actually care about their lives & yours. There's not much more you can do other than staying away from people and a handful of other things.
if its to muffle the sneeeze then use the elbow, not the oxygen depriving mask thing, as much as I might care about other people, I should also care about myself, and if it’s depriving myself of oxygen over a thing thats less dangerous than, abortion, are evan misquitoes, than phooey budoey

Last edited:

Ketchup

4s mini mustang
if its to muffle the sneeeze then use the elbow, not the oxygen depriving mask thing
Yep, never sneeze into a mask lol. The masks stop the corona particles from entering or exiting the area around your mouth. If you are gonna sneeze I would highly advise pulling down the mask and sneezing into your elbow for a sec. It sucks to sneeze into a mask and it gets kinda nasty.

Hoomi

Master member
SantaPoi.png

Lord of the planes

Yep, never sneeze into a mask lol. The masks stop the corona particles from entering or exiting the area around your mouth. If you are gonna sneeze I would highly advise pulling down the mask and sneezing into your elbow for a sec. It sucks to sneeze into a mask and it gets kinda nasty.
Well then there is no reason to breath them in at all, if your just gonna sneez into your elbow, and we know that the reason is because of The sneeze

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
Okay that might be so, but i don’t think it’s super effective unless we all stood in in one place, or Else we’d be so close and therefore DIE!!! So then if it’s 3 layers of dense cotton, guess who doesn’t get enough oxygen to not go light headed, the person wearing the mask. And as much as I like the idea of self sacrifice, I don’t hunk it’s a huge deal, first off we have about the same amount of deaths per year by the flu, and yet we don’t mask and quarringitne the healthy (which we haven’t done ever in the history of viruses and pandemics and stuff) this leads me to suspect it’s more political then anything
that is because there has hardly been any other virus that is spread all over the world.
and also covid is far more contagious than the flu or other normal sicknesses.
and also flu has a vaccine. covid does not.
the health officials are trying to look after our health, this pandemic is absolutely no joke.
my grandpa had it(he almost didn't make it)
my aunt also had it (really badly)
and my grandma also had it