109" Hostetler Aeronca Champ build

AJ Sun

Blocker great build, I just ordered a plan set and short kit from Solopropsll. Following your post I got a O.S 300 I plan on looking into the scale Windscreen and glass cowl. I built an AA Industries 1/4 scale Champ it’s powered with a os 120 gemeni two. Your using a os 160 twin hey great engine, like to know how it performs in your 1/3rd scale. I am planning on polyfibre glider fabric for covering and heavy silk on the control surfaces. I like your Aileron control set up. Are you going to use a pull pull on your rudder. I would sure like to hide the elevator control and use a pull pull system on it also. You got a great project! AJ

AJ Sun

I did not realize that this was an old post. I guess everybody disappeared. Well my plans arrived. And it turned out it was just the RCM now debunked 7AC Champ they sold it for 25.00 and I just bought it for 116.00 that included the shipping. They showed a partial kit kinda fooled ya. That's easy with me but the fine print said that partial was a very smaller version. That's when you realized you've been had. Did not even provide Vaseline.

AJ Sun

Well found another site that sells a complete kit for around $600.00. I've got enough wood in my stash. I already got scammed by thus Don Carlson in Grand JUNCTION Colorado. Hope he is enjoying his Rocky mountain high. Now I hear all this bad press about him. Some people. Boy I can find them! Any way I will finish the repairs on my AA Industries. And do the very slow build on this 1/3 RCM if anybody knows about a scale windshield and main gear let me knowAJ.

AJ Sun

Well found another site that sells a complete kit for around $600.00. I've got enough wood in my stash. I already got scammed by thus Don Carlson in Grand JUNCTION Colorado. Hope he is enjoying his Rocky mountain high. Now I hear all this bad press about him. Some people. Boy I can find them! Any way I will finish the repairs on my AA Industries. And do the very slow build on this 1/3 RCM if anybody knows about a scale windshield and main gear let me knowAJ.

AJ Sun

Well on another 1/3rd build site Tony Hallo recommended Probuilders for a Windscreen and fiber glass cowl.ive emailed them first one came back soI tried again it may have gone thru, hope so. The info is pretty old but I am hoping they are still making the two important parts I need to start. Started building a die to reproduce the wing ribs. The aileron Bay is different. Also need the steel tubing to construct the main landing gear. Got a few issues in my way that I need to resolve. AJ.

AJ Sun

Well I finally scored on my 1/3 scale cowl and Windshield Probuilders in California will probably take three weeks maybe longer. Glad I found them. But still on the hunt for a 1/4 scale windshield for my AA Industries. I’ve tried to make a Windscreen with the upper bulge but it does not look right. Probuilders did not feel there was enough interest to tool up for that size windshield. Tho he has had many requests. I found a President Champ it was sold thru hobby lobby. They offered a cowl and windshield extra the kit is really nice but the hobby shop that sold on consignment said no body wanted it because it come with the cowl and scale windshield. I know I bought it. It’s alot like the AA Industries Champ. Hope to find or be able to reproduce that windshield.AJ.