1600mm Glider Build

Wildthing

Legendary member
Wing is bolted on and up on the balancing pylons, still missing the blades but without it balances up with a 2200 3S battery and my guess with the blades I will be able to go down to a 1800 3S battery. She scales in as is with the 2200 3S battery at 35.5 oz , the battery is 7.1 oz. The specs for the spinner setup I misread slightly so my nose is 5mm larger then the spinner, oh well.

2019_0531_091414_001.JPG
2019_0531_091425_002.JPG
2019_0531_091439_003.JPG

bracesport

Legendary member
It dawned on me I have not set the cg with the hybrid! I will start at 30% of the wing and see how it is with the 3c 2440 lipo.

Wildthing

Legendary member
With the wing calculator I am at 15% static margin and if anything I would rather be a little nose heavy then the opposite.

bracesport

Legendary member
@Wildthing - while doing some programming of the hybrid I stuck my fingers under the wing and with the 2440 3cell up front, it looks like it will balance ok - I will print myself some of those fancy CG pylons you have there!

Last edited:

Wildthing

Legendary member
@Wildthing - while doing some programming of the hybrid I stuck my fingers under the wing and with the 2440 3cell up front, it looks like it will balance ok - I will print myself some of those fancy CG pods you have there!

They come in handy , you can slide things around without having to pick it up each time to get everything just perfect. I also use all those extra prop centering rings with the small diameter holes you never seem to use as the centering mark where the stand fits into and those are glued to the underside of the wing on the cg mark. That way you also don't accidently poke a hole in your wing.

Wildthing

Legendary member
Propeller finally came in , it is a APC 10X6 folding prop. Decent thrust out of it, at half throttle it lifts the plane so we know we have enough :) . Now for some decent weather to take it out and test it and as long as work doesn't get in the way. Lately any decent day for flying I have been busy.

bracesport

Legendary member
@Wildthing - I’m very much looking forward to your flight video! I constantly struggle with the weather or have to work when the weather is perfect! Oh well, we will get there in time!

Wildthing

Legendary member
@Wildthing - I’m very much looking forward to your flight video! I constantly struggle with the weather or have to work when the weather is perfect! Oh well, we will get there in time!
Mother Nature can be such a bag some times, 7am here now, sun shining but trees are waving in the wind. :(

Wildthing

Legendary member
Well I had these 2 antennas off of an older wifi box and for some reason they were the only 2 pieces I saved and today a light came on :) . My other balancing tripods come up short for some of the larger builds especially ones with landing gear and would have to space them up, so let's make taller ones :) . A little ca glue so they don't fold plus I have a little package of huge shrinkwrap that I had no idea where I would ever use it and they fit the antenna perfect , so the knuckle is glued and shrinkwrapped :) . 1 stand printed and assembled, 2nd one is on the printer now.

2019_0609_185558_001.JPG
2019_0609_185607_002.JPG
2019_0609_185635_001.JPG