1600mm Glider Build

Wildthing

Legendary member
Well I was able to sneak out this morning before the wind picked up and thunder showers rolled in and maidened my 1600mm glider. She flies and she glides, took a few attempts to land it, so as I turn into the wind she wants to climb. I didn't really put it through any harsh acrobats but didn't see any bad wing flex if any and it didn't flutter , stayed nice and true. Also my 3D printed wing mounts didn't break off
1f605.png
1f605.png
. I did do one roll, slow but sure, next time out I may try a loop
1f609.png

Jimun

Elite member
Well I was able to sneak out this morning before the wind picked up and thunder showers rolled in and maidened my 1600mm glider. She flies and she glides, took a few attempts to land it, so as I turn into the wind she wants to climb. I didn't really put it through any harsh acrobats but didn't see any bad wing flex if any and it didn't flutter , stayed nice and true. Also my 3D printed wing mounts didn't break off
1f605.png
1f605.png
. I did do one roll, slow but sure, next time out I may try a loop
1f609.png

That looked so good. Great job on plane and flying.

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
Yaaaayyy! After following the build it was pure pleasure to see it fly so well! It flew like it was born to soar. I'm really happy for you, Wildthing. It would have been really difficult to get a better maiden than that. Sure you've still a lot to learn (don't we all), but from the looks of those videos you'll be flying it around indefinitely in no time!

Wildthing

Legendary member
Yaaaayyy! After following the build it was pure pleasure to see it fly so well! It flew like it was born to soar. I'm really happy for you, Wildthing. It would have been really difficult to get a better maiden than that. Sure you've still a lot to learn (don't we all), but from the looks of those videos you'll be flying it around indefinitely in no time!

I was a tad nervous letting this one go but you have to :)

Wildthing

Legendary member
Along with the combat wars today I took the glider to the field to, my adjustments worked and really didn't need to trim it at all. I did by mistake put the battery in the original spot which did make it slightly tail heavy , duh .
Air traffic was pretty bad so I really didn't get to play that much .

bracesport

Legendary member
@Wildthing - love your work!

I will probably get shot down, but the mac platform is well suited to all things creative (including video editing) you can get 'final cut pro' simple edition for $12 kiwi - time to consider a shift? ;)

Screen Shot 2019-07-21 at 9.53.35 AM.png