The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Paint jobs looks awesome!
How did you finish off the paint on the exposed edges? Or did you round them off in any way? Me and my dad building one each at the minute and looking to paint up.
also do you think a 1400kv motor 35 esc and 10x4.7 prop would work?
Is the the motor rated for a 10x4.7 prop? If so, it should be fine, but I would guess you wouldn’t want to use a 10 inch prop on a 1400 kv motor. Check the motor specs to see what prop size is recommended.

DAWNSIGHT4

Paint jobs looks awesome!
How did you finish off the paint on the exposed edges? Or did you round them off in any way? Me and my dad building one each at the minute and looking to paint up.
also do you think a 1400kv motor 35 esc and 10x4.7 prop would work?
yeah i would just be careful with the motor and prop combo. I did that with a seaduck a couple of years back, and the motors got really warm and didn't live very long. Also you would probably have a little bit of a torque issue. I have a little bit of torque when i am making my turns, but it is managible. (Just like the original corsair :) ) Just be careful when doing so is all I would say about that.

Mattelson

yeah i would just be careful with the motor and prop combo. I did that with a seaduck a couple of years back, and the motors got really warm and didn't live very long. Also you would probably have a little bit of a torque issue. I have a little bit of torque when i am making my turns, but it is managible. (Just like the original corsair :) ) Just be careful when doing so is all I would say about that.
Thanks mate appreciate that. not 100% sure on how it all works but from what I know, and I could be wrong, lower kv gives more torque but lower top speed?
I’m looking at an 1000/1100kv on the 10x 4.7 prop

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Thanks mate appreciate that. not 100% sure on how it all works but from what I know, and I could be wrong, lower kv gives more torque but lower top speed?
I’m looking at an 1000/1100kv on the 10x 4.7 prop
Typically small motors have a high kv and spin a small prop really fast. Big motors will have a low kv but spin huge props and produce a ton of thrust. A typical motor for a flitetest standard plane is 1000 - 1200 kv motor while spinning a 9-10 inch prop. Something like a 1400 kv motor would probably want a 8 inch prop which would be kinda in between sizes of an ft mighty mini and a standard size. I have a rimfire .15 1200 kv motor which I’ve used up to a 12 inch prop on, which creates a ton of thrust. If I used that prop on one of my c pack motors, I’d burn it up since that is well above it’s max prop size. The cool thing is that my rimfire has a higher kv then the C pack so it is spinning that 12 inch prop faster than my c pack would be spinning a 10 inch prop.

Last edited: