• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Help! 2019 Fantasy Aircraft Design & Build Challenge!

Can it be a fantasy design that you and your best friend came up with and want to test? Would that qualify? Here are some pictures of the sketches. We are a good pare, we both design the airframe ( With our 14 year old advanced knowledge of aerodynamics and physics) he then draws the design (as i can't even draw a stick figure.) and then i will (hopefully) build it. The biggest difference between this and a normal jet is that on the X-24 Ghosthawk, the two Pratt and Wittney F-119 engines are on Top of each other as opposed to beside each other. Thanks! 1547245439130.png

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
Can it be a fantasy design that you and your best friend came up with and want to test? Would that qualify? Here are some pictures of the sketches. We are a good pare, we both design the airframe ( With our 14 year old advanced knowledge of aerodynamics and physics) he then draws the design (as i can't even draw a stick figure.) and then i will (hopefully) build it. The biggest difference between this and a normal jet is that on the X-24 Ghosthawk, the two Pratt and Wittney F-119 engines are on Top of each other as opposed to beside each other. Thanks! View attachment 121899
Looks like a great fantasy build to me! Welcome aboard the challenge! :D

Don't forget to start up a build thread and share the link so I can get you added to the main entry list.

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
@IcedStorm777 My 2 cents... build it as a pusher with Class appropriate motor I rough it this way (veterans please correct) A-F 18-24", B 20-36" C>30", H- 12-20". Are those In-wing inlets? if so, Nice. :cool:
It looks like a fun project!

@IcedStorm777 My 2 cents... build it as a pusher with Class appropriate motor I rough it this way (veterans please correct) A-F 18-24", B 20-36" C>30", H- 12-20". Are those In-wing inlets? if so, Nice. :cool:
It looks like a fun project!
Yes they are! I will try and scrap up some money for this but i highly doubt i can make it in time, thank you for the help!!