2019 Fantasy Aircraft Design & Build Challenge!

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
I made one last attempt on the life of the Flying Submarine... I have to re-design it... and start fresh.
216531_bce064dbfbd7a2d8a2ee65288de69d56.jpg

I maidened the Anime Fighter... it flew, but turned and busted.
216561_bd09ff6cba286ff33d02181d2594fd34_thumb.jpg

FoamyDM

oh, also I "maidened" the VF-9 plane to a taxi test
VF-9 fast taxi caused the gear to fail. Then at around 1:40 I attempted the dreaded hand launch... :(
Until a get a build mentor. I think I'm done trying new. I think I'll Just try what is known to fly for a while.:cautious:
I will update the build thread in a minute.

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
VF-9 fast taxi caused the gear to fail. Then at around 1:40 I attempted the dreaded hand launch... :(
Until a get a build mentor. I think I'm done trying new. I think I'll Just try what is known to fly for a while.:cautious:
I will update the build thread in a minute.

You've been going 10,000 miles a minute and inspiring all of us with the crazy pace and great looking builds you've been kicking out!

Please make sure to take care of yourself and pause when you need to so you don't burn out! Switch to just flying some stuff, or set everything aside and make a boat, or plot out a new campaign to give yourself time to recharge.

We want you as part of our community for the long haul, building, flying, or just hanging out and sharing ideas!

JTarmstr

Elite member
Rockyboy, I am sorry to report that none of my projects have made any headway. I plan to finish the X-44 at some point but the Jackal will be on the shelves for a bit. I may have bitten off more than I can chew. It also doesn't help that I have a lot of other things occupying my attention. I am going to spend the next few months getting more experience building and flying, and you can bet I will be back for FTFC 2020 this summer.

Also on a brighter note: Thank you everyone for adopting my logo design, it means a lot especially because I was hoping I might see one of my jets at FFE. Nice to know I will have a small contribution on several designs.

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
Rockyboy, I am sorry to report that none of my projects have made any headway. I plan to finish the X-44 at some point but the Jackal will be on the shelves for a bit. I may have bitten off more than I can chew. It also doesn't help that I have a lot of other things occupying my attention. I am going to spend the next few months getting more experience building and flying, and you can bet I will be back for FTFC 2020 this summer.

Also on a brighter note: Thank you everyone for adopting my logo design, it means a lot especially because I was hoping I might see one of my jets at FFE. Nice to know I will have a small contribution on several designs.

You've been inspired to learn and start something new, and that's all I ever hoped to share with people during these challenges. We'll all be looking forward to cheering you on with the X-44 and Jackal when you're ready / able to return to them!

And thank you again for the challenge logo! It is really awesome when folks in the community share their ideas for challenge logos, and I expect we'll see a number of planes at Flite Fest sporting this logo :D

FoamyDM

I go through this. Up and down... I thought I might start understanding flight better by now... it's like music... Once you get some key concepts, it starts to open wide.

I love seeing my mind's eye creations come to reality in front of me too much to abandon this.

I am pretty sure you are stuck with me for a while...

JTarmstr

Elite member
Hey Rockyboy, what are the rules for something submitted two weeks late? 50 point deduction? no scoring but its still on the list? Because I was working on my X-44 and I made a surprising amount of proggress, I might actually be able to fly it soon.

FoamyDM

Also To finish the set I build the Devil's Dozen - Sky Screamer... in the Mighty Mini sizes:

The Devil's Dozen series will be getting a Metallic-Blue Coating. With Yellow Tape Trim.
217119_c5338e6248de0be81bcea705837bb149.jpg

Yeah can I add this one? I will be testing both this week or weekend I suspect.

Last edited: