2021 mini scout challenge!

mastermalpass

Elite member
All done!
View attachment 188353 View attachment 188354
After I weigh it I'll paint and detail it but for now, it's finished!

Very smoothly finished! Have you added a little padding around pilot's hole?

Mine's gonna stay paintless 'til after the demo flight. Sure, paint's not gonna change whether or not it can fly but it just feels a shame to say 'It weighed 70 grams when finished, but in this flight video it actually weighs 73.'

I like your choice of landing gear tough! I've got something like that for that diff-thrust twin plane I mentioned, think I might install it on this if only adds a gram... Hmm, my point about paint makes less sense now I've said that. 😂

BlockerAviation

Legendary member
I finally got the weather to fly the Scout and it flew fantastic! The next chance I get I'll get a flight video and weigh it. Here's a pic of the Scout on takeoff.
VID_20210109_162505157_exported_6451_1610231839231.jpg

BlockerAviation

Legendary member
Thats a sweet little plane, I wish I had one. I cant wait to see it painted man, great job!
Thanks! I cant wait to paint it and detail it. I plan on making it look like one of the old WWI German monoplane fighters with the machine gun rigging wire and everything, Ill probably make a thread detailing the process. I just have to weigh It and get a vid of it before I start adding weight.

Paracodespoder

Elite member
Looks good, I love it! What type of covering will you use?
So far, none (if that’s allowed), but if I do cover it it will be red and blue cellophane from the dollar tree.
Finished the balsa for the fuse, the glue is drying on the foam nose, and next come swing and tail feathers.
Only issues I will have with going light is the smallest battery I have is an 800mah 2s, or a 650 3s, and also have only the f-pack to work with; although, an 1106 might be able to keep it up, hmmm.

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
So far, none (if that’s allowed), but if I do cover it it will be red and blue cellophane from the dollar tree.
Finished the balsa for the fuse, the glue is drying on the foam nose, and next come swing and tail feathers.
Only issues I will have with going light is the smallest battery I have is an 800mah 2s, or a 650 3s, and also have only the f-pack to work with; although, an 1106 might be able to keep it up, hmmm.
No covering is totally fine!