2023 Spring Sprint Wrap-Up. LitterBug

LitterBug

Techno Nut
Where to start?!!...??!!!

I'll keep it small and simple with just the foamboard stuff!

To Finish:
FT Simple Stick
FT Bloody Wonder
FT Viggen
@AgentC EZ Bronco. (Brushless variant :)

To fix/rebuild:
FT Simple Cub
FT Mini Dart

Cheers!
LitterBug

Last edited:

LitterBug

Techno Nut
FT Simple Stick Unfinished.
Only Fuse is complete
IMG_20230228_144350655.jpg

LitterBug

Techno Nut
FT Viggen... Started early 2016! D'OH! You know, just before the waterproof Foamboard kits were released.
Again. Great start on fuse. Messed up wing and will need to cut a new one.
IMG_20230228_144327392.jpg

LitterBug

Techno Nut
FT Simple Cub. Broken Prop and broken horizontal Stabilizer
IMG_20230228_144219707.jpg

IMG_20230409_214606517.jpg

After. Ready to fly!

Last edited:

LitterBug

Techno Nut
FT Mini Dart. Need to 3D print new motor nacells. Possibly bad motor or ESC. ABSOLUTELY LOVE this when it is not wrecked. Especially for a sub 250 plane
IMG_20230228_144133279.jpg

IMG_20230409_214007842.jpg

AFTER. Not new but ready to fly!!

Last edited:

LitterBug

Techno Nut
@AgentC EZ Bronco
Have started this build a few times with printing/tracing and then laser etching and cutting.

Just need to finish one. Planning on some 0902 10000KV brushless motors instead of brushed with a simple RX on 1S.

IMG_20230228_145925901.jpg

LitterBug

Techno Nut
Step 1 remove dead motor mounts with a heat gun.
Step 2 bind to newest radio
Step 3 set failsafe
Step 4 check control surface and motor directions
Step 5 adjust mixes and retest
IMG_20230301_082940083.jpg

Elevator, aileron, throttle, yaw enable switch, differential thrust..... All go!

What I thought was bad bearings was a broken motor mount. :-D

Just need to reprint motor mounts and patch right leading edge....

Last edited:

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
I still have an original FT Dart kit, electronics (Power Pack G), and a skin for it from rasterize. I really should get that built for Flite Fest this year. Did you use the Power Pack from FT on yours?

LitterBug

Techno Nut
I still have an original FT Dart kit, electronics (Power Pack G), and a skin for it from rasterize. I really should get that built for Flite Fest this year. Did you use the Power Pack from FT on yours?
No, I built this with 3D printed motor mounts, a Matek PDB/BEC, 20A ESCs, and BetaFPV 1106 5000kv motors capable of running on 4S. I wanted it to be able to hover if set up as a VTOL tailsitter with a FC. It practically leaps out of my hand on 3S. AUW with a 3S 450mah battery is 225g. Really need to get flight footage. It has turned a ton of heads, even some old-time AMA guys at the field.

Originally FT used the no longer available Power Pack H.

Documented the build on your "unofficial Mini Dart" thread here https://forum.flitetest.com/index.php?threads/unofficial-ft-dart.39452/page-10#post-671023
LB

Last edited:

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
No, I built this with 3D printed motor mounts, a Matek PDB/BEC, 20A ESCs, and BetaFPV 1106 5000kv motors capable of running on 4S. I wanted it to be able to hover if set up as a VTOL tailsitter with a FC. It practically leaps out of my hand on 3S. AUW with a 3S 450mah battery is 225g. Really need to get flight footage. It has turned a ton of heads, even some old-time AMA guys at the field.

Documented the build on your "unofficial Mini Dart" thread here https://forum.flitetest.com/index.php?threads/unofficial-ft-dart.39452/page-10#post-671023
LB
Oh yeah, it is a Power Pack H, not G. I remember seeing your posts a couple years ago and thinking I should get mine built then too. o_O

FlyerInStyle

Elite member

LB
do you know waht happenned to the powerpack h?

LitterBug

Techno Nut
Working on reprinting the motor pods. Had to print a few other things off recently and ended up doing a complete recalibrate on the printer. Appears that when i last used the printer sometime early last summer, I had been futzing around with a lot of the defaults and never set them back so everything was printing off center and at the wrong height. what a mess. Anyway... Pods are printing now. Doing initial print in PLA. Will reprint the small part the motors touch with PETG for better heat resistance. Also resliced the pods with 100% infill since the previous ones broke in areas with less infill.....
1679967401687.png

LitterBug

Techno Nut
Kinda obvious where this was weak. Now 100% infill, and going to add some color to the build instead of just straight up FT FB to make it easier to see orientation in the air. Pods are printed. Going to vinyl the leading edge yellow before final mounting....
IMG_20230328_105901625.jpg

Will also add some stripes...

FlyerInStyle

Elite member
Kinda obvious where this was weak. Now 100% infill, and going to add some color to the build instead of just straight up FT FB to make it easier to see orientation in the air. Pods are printed. Going to vinyl the leading edge yellow before final mounting....
View attachment 236563
Will also add some stripes...
what plane is this for? looking like really good prints! nice tuning on the printer!