Decided to go simple and used some 2mm steel control rods. Used joshes modified zbend technique as my zbender tool made the bend bind up in the controls. Diy control horns from 2mm carbon. Black died epoxy and cabosil down in the hole and on top.
Got everything ready last night:
I was able to get the other wing bagged this morning.
Took me about one hour of Indiana Jones to get it done. One thing about it being summer, its way easier to keep the shop above 80 for the epoxy. Will keep it under pressure for 12 hrs and than let it sit in the mylars and open it up tomorrow night.
Got some work done on my Zippkit Tug while waiting for epoxy to set:
As long as your epoxy isnt setting up quickly the small ones work just fine. I started on a $12 fish tank size one and it worked great, just took like 10 minutes to evac large bags. Only reason i upgrade was i found a deal i couldnt pass up on this medical pump. I would recommend at some point doing a test with a vacuum gauge so you know what pressure your getting though.
@bracesport when i first started i tried to DIY it with hardware water/air connections. If i started over from scratch i would go straight to acpsales or similar and just buy the stuff made for vacuum bagging and save myself the hassle and money.